Rest In Peace Dave

Very sad news, such a nice guy.

I had the pleasure to meet and spend some time with him in Munich, which i have often thought about over the past months. RIP Dave.

3 Likes

From all in the hifi community, sincerest condolences to Dave’s family & many friends.
Lovely guy.
He’ll be be much missed.

1 Like

Such sad news.
Dave was a lovely, friendly chap.
He will be sorely missed by everyone who met him.
RIP Dave.

1 Like

Very sad news.
He led a great life,and I loved hearing his stories of escapades in the 60s.
From a fellow blue RIP

3 Likes

So sad to hear of dave passing one of the good guys .always enjoyed his company
RIP Dave …

1 Like

Ah poo… When I saw how many replies there were to this thread I guessed Dave must have gone. Very much one of our own, he’ll be sorely missed - absolutely top bloke, great company, and generous to a fault.

Thanks for being there for him Ben, and keeping us updated.

RIP Dave.

9 Likes

Such sad news. I only knew him from his posts on here but he was always so pleasant in his posts. Rip Dave.
Thoughts are with his family and friends of which I’m sure there are many on here.

1 Like

Didn’t know Dave as well as many of you but met him at several bake-offs and he was exactly like the loveable grandad figure he portrayed in the adverts. Just full of enthusiasm and easy to talk to whatever the subject.

Before I started posting on here again I had messaged him through Wigwam when I read about his diagnosis - he was very phlegmatic about it and seemed more upset about the way Chelsea were playing.

RIP Dave

14 Likes

This has made me very sad. I’d never met him. But, I enjoyed his posts / stories. It was a life well led by the sounds of things, he was at the heart of the 60s / Kings Rd scene, his working life was fascinating and his love of his locality was endearing. Plus there was the acting. RIP.

He did bring a bit of Chelsea to the forum. Especially with his high end kit!

9 Likes

Dave often bought hi-fi like a football manager, drafting in foreign players based purely on scouting reports without ever having seen them play or considering how they might fit into the team. :grinning:

14 Likes

I always enjoyed the hifi arms race between him and Jim.

26 Likes

Indeed, I picked up one of his failed signings from the Bundesliga in terms of a pair of Auditorium 23 SoloVox speakers. Stupidly sold them on, and still regret doing so to this day.

3 Likes

He was always keen to find & try out new stuff that most of us had never heard of. Obscure pieces from lost corners of Europe and down under. I was surprised when doing one of the Rocky Mountain shows in Denver & he turned up in the room!

But he also had some nice anecdotes about the acting. He graduated from drama school in the same yeargroup as Penelope Keith. I’m not sure how he ended up in the oil business but seemed to make a great success of it & then really enjoyed the more recent return to acting. Lovely guy.

23 Likes

:rofl: yes he talked about that a lot!

1 Like

“Better than Jim’s” :rofl:

9 Likes

Such sad news about Dave. He always had a smile and sparkle in his eyes whenever I met him. He also had some of the most interesting and best looking kit which I’d usually never heard of! R.I.P. Dave.

2 Likes

Did Dave have any family? I can’t recall him mentioning any.

I think he has (or had) a brother.

3 Likes

Very sad news indeed. RIP Dave.

Mods have decided to have this as a separate thread so people can share stories and remember Dave properly.

20 Likes