Roon redux

Use a different email address.

Enjoying qobuz, their library is much improved from when I tried it years ago. Listened to Sea Change in 192 and sounded as good as sacd from memory.

As a frustrated sacd fan boy, Qobuz looks like the place for me.

Will run both for a while and then drop one.

3 Likes

That’s also my intention and so far it looks like it will be Tidal that will be going.

:sunglasses: Ditto.

You hipster twats.

3 Likes

You down wit Jaz-Z bro?

1 Like

Qobuz source all their music from R2R :smiley:

6 Likes

I’ve used Tidal for about 3 years (maybe more?) using the apps from Auralic, Sonos and now Dynaudio and have never had any encroachment from them about what I listen to?

When I started I just saved all my favourite albums (maybe 200 or so) and then if I fancy seeing what is new I just go to the ‘Genres’ section and look at the new ‘Country’ or ‘Folk/Americana’ releases - click on something that looks interesting and if I like it save it to my favourites.

Maybe if you use the desktop interface it’s different.

I tried Qobuz but there were stacks of my favourite albums not available so it wasn’t for me.

3 Likes

Today I started adding everything ever recommended from the Radio 3 ‘Building a Library’ programme to a Roon custom tag.

How many to go ?

A “shit-ton”.

2 Likes

Been reading up on MQA, where have I been for the last two years ? On a hifi forum talking about pork and cricket :smile:

Roon forum is like the old cable days. No matter how a thread starts it ends up in a row about MQA.

3 Likes

I haven’t heard the wonders of MQA yet, maybe at my bake off we can do thoroughly interesting A/B tests… :grinning:

And then test mains cables :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Oh yeah, lets :+1:

And then cable.lifters and grounding boxes, the possibilities are endless.

1 Like

if you ask nicely

1 Like

Tidal are starting to push out an increasing number of new releases for which there is no redbook version available. It’s MQA or bust.

What a load of shit.

7 Likes

I saw this. The 100% move to Qobuz is impending here. Also, the personal playlists TIDAL is putting on my phone always contain two Bryan Ferry tunes :angry:. WTF is that about? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Does he play the flute? :grinning:

3 Likes