Roon redux

I survived the car crash.
I won’t be getting back in the car

1 Like

I miss the days of usenet when people could drop an alt.flame crosspost and watch the fun.

replied to a thread where a guy said his wife had accidentally thrown away his 6000 CD collection.

I replied and got reported:

Can you guess what part of the reply was reported?

1 Like

Pretty sure giving people MP3s is against the Geneva Convention.

2 Likes

My favourite was a repsonse I made to a foo thread about why you should use cable lifters, I said:

christ, what a load of utter BS

I thought I’d been reported for saying “bullshit” but no it was for blasphemy :joy: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

S’pose 'cause of 2 reasons.

1. Dire Straits and
  2. you disrespectfully ignored using capitals

I remember I pissed off someone at Scalford when I said Dire Straits are shit, and I could only enjoy other music with Mark Knopfler.

UK Audio Show this week, hopefully @thebiglebowski can make it up there for a full on trolling session for this live event

thought exactly the same. I’m hoping to get there and would be happy to provide livestream

Sunday for me

1 Like

I followed @Mrs_Maureen_OPinion 's link to Elite from another thread, then went for a poke around and stumbled on

in case you thought a Nucleus was too cheap.

FWIW, give it 6 months and they’ll be selling the demonstrator for half that; 18 months and it’ll be £900 'cos the tech is obsolete…

Caveat - I have no idea what a Roon is.

Slang for a footballer’s menopausal sidepiece?

I think a Roon is the price of an old whoore

It’s a server product, coalescing your local file library with “your” Tidal favourites and its metadata.

Physically it’s an admittedly pretty £400 PC with a fancy power supply.

Although the PC (with a DAC) would also be a good player, whereas it looks like you need another £n,000 box in this universe.

1 Like

haha they really are sensitive about being called cunts :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Oooft, that is a big price increase for subs.

Wondering whether to get off the horse or bolt-gun myself in the head for $700 at the old lifetime rate before it increases.

1 Like

I typed “Roon” into Google and it suggested “price increase”, which in turn took me to this:

Oof, dat forum. It’s a bit Pyongyang, no?

“I, for one, welcome getting hoofed in the nuts by our glorious leaders.”

2 Likes

It’s an awful place. I just browse it logged out for the s/w update notifications now. Even though Ted Maul is rumoured to have an account there.

1 Like

I got an email from Roon telling me this was my opportunity to come back to the fold before prices went up!
Luckily there was an unsubscribe button on the email

I take it the standard Futurama Fry money meme would not be appreciated as a response to the notification?