Roon redux

And I have just had the thought that pretty much every online forum ends up having meet ups IRL. Can you imagine a Roon forum bake off?

Iā€™ve managed to rub along with digital whilst avoiding Roon so far and this latest news isnā€™t doing anything to dissuade me from this policy.

Similar here. Annoying thing is itā€™s good, and I would probably miss it, but not had a streamer with a decent alternative yet. If I tried Auralic or Lumin sure I would be reasonably happy.

See I can go back to LMS any time, since I still use a Transporter in my main system.

Theyā€™ve just issued a new release, I have it running in a Docker and itā€™s blisteringly fast.

Leaning toward binning Roon off, right now.

1 Like

I prefer Innuos Sense but the only feature I like in Roon is the ability to create a png of what you are listening to.

Iā€™ll be fucked if Iā€™m paying Ā£12.50 per month to pay for an app that is buggy more often than working.

thatā€™s pretty much where my head is at, this really does start to fall in to the category of ā€˜money for moneyā€™ put politely (know how easily offended many here are).

Just had a spam from Roon to try and get me to sign up again. $800 fucking dollars? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The yearly tariff looks good, Iā€™m assuming thatā€™s a typo and the useless twunts canā€™t even get a basic mailshot right.

$12.49*12 Annual got the largest price increase in % terms.

Lifetime before the price increase is $700

Not exactly clear being as it says $12.49 billed annually.

They can fuck off at $700 as well. In fact, they can just fuck off.

1 Like

Yeah Ā£/$ doesnā€™t help them. And that theyā€™re fucking bellends.

Itā€™s the latter really. Happy to pay for stuff thatā€™s good, but I object to paying to support a fucking cult.

1 Like

Roon users to get ā€œfork in the roadā€ memo :rofl:

2 Likes

Yeah fuck it, Squeezelite-X just works perfectly on my Windows desktop as a player.

4 Likes

I just use SqueezePlay which also works on v well

I feel left out. I used to have a subscription and they havenā€™t mailed me :frowning_face:

I can forward it to you if you like?

Iā€™ll wait another 24 hours thank you.

The anticipation is exquisite.

2 Likes

I bought a lifetime membership years ago. Roon just works for me. I donā€™t recall the last time I had to reboot my NUC other than for updates. I guess I must be lucky.

You all are right about what a raving bunch of fucknuggets inhabit the Roon forum. I never go there.

Iā€™ve been doing a 60 day trial of Roon, in part because the NuPrime software is a steaming pile of cack. Roon is definitely a lot better, but Iā€™m really not convinced itā€™s $15 per month better.

The challenge is Iā€™m not sure thereā€™s anything all that great that fits my present circumstances. Tidal connect is flakey as fuck, and I donā€™t have a NAS or NUC at all.

Same here, I donā€™t have any problems with Roon. Still a big fan of LMS and their BBC Sounds app.