Roon redux

Kicking myself for not buying it a few years back. How does the Lumin app compare?

LMS smugness here! That it runs on a NAS (or a pi) is another great benefit. Tbh I never got close to buying Roon as LMS is great.

Ho-hum, starting to find a few annoyances that were probably there before but I’d forgotten about.

Online Qobuz library: just lobs singles and EPs in with the albums. Doesn’t show year of release if I’m browsing the Qobuz library either. Sigh.

I’ll stick with Roon, had/have a few issues but the convenience outweighs the monthly fee. I won’t buy the lifetime deal just because something better will probably come along, or not.

You’re permitted to think that LMS is an alternative, just don’t say it

What racist, sexist or torrent of swearing incurred a post to be hidden?

The moderation on that forum is fucked sideways. They let all the regulars downvote posts against the true faith in to oblivion and do nothing.

I’ve not used the Lumin App for years so I can’t really answer that. I bought Roon not long after I bought the D1, maybe 4 or 5 years ago now.

1 Like

@coco ’s description above of it being a cult certainly encapsulates that type of behaviour.

I’ve used Lumin, Innuos, Roon and Auralic and of the four my preference is for Innuos.

LMS – with material skin and the spotify, bandcamp, streaming and BBC sounds plugins it’s hard to beat
Roon – Great interface and the ‘rabbit hole’ feature is nice but expensive and support is shite
Lumin – App is ok but cluttered and I don’t like the layout of the interface
Innuos – Sense runs as a standalone app or web browser and the interface is really easy to use and search
Auralic – see Lumin app

1 Like

PS I’m a bit of an Innuos fanboi but it is actually running LMS with their own OS to manage the artist info and interface etc. You can access the LMS and enable additional plugins and even use the LMS player instead of the sense app or web interface

I’ve zoomed in to show all the search bumpf

Artist info

Looks decent but it’s locked to their hardware, right?

Connecting Network Streamers – Innuos – High-Fidelity Digital Music Servers and Streamers.

Oh yes and it’s not cheap.

Don’t like that they are a bit foo’y and the phoenix reclocker and switch is a load of bollocks.

Unrelated to my question.

Sorry. I guess I misread it. I thought it was saying it would control any UPnP device.

Can see why they decided to tag users with their subscription.

You raise a problem on the forum and Roon support look at your status, you’re a “lifer” so they put you to the bottom of the priority list and deal with the issues for “subscription” or “trial” users first.

After all it’s not as if a lifetime subscriber can cancel their subscription in protest.

:rofl:

All that money, to get the worst service. :thinking:

Another good reason to get banned and create an anonymous posting account.

Oh that’s not me, I’ve given up posting now as I’ve been banned under numerous usernames and can’t be arsed creating them anymore.

Wow didn’t realise that the new version of Roon won’t work without an active internet connection.

No internet connection and it won’t even let you listen to your local music on a hard drive or NAS.