Roon redux

Right, I’ve just checked this with an iFi Neo Stream (it’s the only thing here with Tidal Connect).

Just to be awkward, I’m not getting distortion via Roon and to be further cunty, it rather cements my belief that Tidal Connect sounds different to Roon… and Qobuz when I route that direct to the iFi over MConnect;

I’m not saying that Roon is incapable of fuckery but I would be careful treating Tidal as a reference point.

yep, Tidal does sound slightly different, the most noticeable for me though was the native Lightning DS app vs. Roon.

When I was using MConnect using my previous Hegel H390 it sounded different to Roon, I thought vocals sounded better/clearer, but only noticeable on some material like Feist.

It’s maybe a case of swings and roundabouts, and in anything less than serious listening is not noticeable. Daft hobby.

Are these level matched?

No but the VTA looks high.

Pass. On the occasions I have done the grouptest of streaming services via their desktop apps and out to a DAC, I have not had to correct for levels based on measuring voltage at the speaker terminal but I can’t tell you if the iFi/the different access points is fucking with that.

Just trying this now through Roon. Sounds really nice, no distortion I can hear. Only have Qobuz to try though.

1 Like

I’ve started a trial of qobuz, will compare :+1:

The Roon forum is very much a dictatorship but this is a bit extreme :joy: :joy: :joy:

c56ebba084d39b61d3e55b59cb7279b90e17dbb7_2_690x206

oh dear how sad

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

https://insolvencyintel.co.uk/mqa-limited/

4 Likes

Something something unfolding now folding yadda waffle

roon forum on top form, thread hidden within 5 mins of posting :slight_smile:

2 Likes

ahaha glorious

pointless fucking format in the bin shock

It’s handy that the administrators are based in the same building too. Nice commute for them :+1:

EDIT

Following the recent positive reception to MQA’s latest technology (SCL6), there has been increased international interest in buying MQA Ltd. At the same time, MQA’s main financial backer is seeking an exit. In order to be in the best position to pursue market opportunities and expedite this process, the company has undergone a restructuring initiative, which includes entering into administration and is comparable to Chapter 11 in the US.

"During this process, MQA continues to trade as usual alongside its partners.

“We won’t be commenting further while negotiations take place.”

Who’s the main backer then? Still Meridian?

you wouldn’t know her, she goes to a different school

5 Likes

So it turns out MQA is lossy after all.

5 Likes

‘Hello Sir, how strong would you like your CoolAid to be?’
‘Strong enough for me to type shit like this.’

1 Like

Wow, he doesn’t seem to understand the basics that the freq has fuck all to do with the number of bits

But that’s MQA though, bullshit via waffle.

1 Like

Someone has all the butthurt (plus an easily diagnosable personality disorder).

Looks like Roon have basically banned any discussion on MQA and closed the threads

‘Factual information’ - the cognitive dissonance must be crippling when trying to defend MQA.

:grinning:

3 Likes