Ruby Murray

i have done similar with Haddock and cod. I prefer haddock. We made some fish nuggets out of chunks of monkfish which worked well. We have also tried similar batter with v. large uncooked prawns and squid

Funny you should say that, I bought some really big frozen prawns this morning. There is a good fish monger in Rye but I’m not sure I should be going there atm…

1 Like

I could just imagine sitting outside the Waterworks pub with a pint in this weather

1 Like

Yes, that’s really annoying! We love it there, the people that run it are lovely. The only problem I have is it’s a drive home. :persevere: There is another fantastic ale bar in Tenterden, called The Ancient Boro’. The landlord isn’t quite as bubbly but the beer is always fantastic. I really hope both places survive this thing, there are too many dreadful Shepherd Neame pubs around here. :rage:

1 Like

we had a couple of days in Rye at the start of the last summers road trip - we were made to feel very welcome despite it being very busy with the jazz festival.

Wife and I both preferred the taste of the sprouted mung beans, although I think I overcooked them a bit.

1 Like

I bought some mung beans to have a go, will report back. :grin:

never cooked with sprouted beans - too late for tomorrows chicken curry.

Reading about e coli risk made me too timid to try them raw, considering the current situation :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

me too, there was also a salmonella risk from fresh curry leaves

Sprouted beans are the best.

Home made Rogan Josh. Very tasty.

13 Likes

Great colour. :+1:

Gosh! That looks good.

It’s all eaten now. Very tasty.

Has anyone here ever made a rogan josh using cockscomb flower? I only just heard of this

https://in.news.yahoo.com/truth-rogan-josh-013000606.html

The picture in that link reminds me of cooking rogan josh when I worked in Canada…there was an awesome butcher near me and used to get chunks of meat with bits of bone in them like that. The bone marrow was fucking awesome for the gravy :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I know nothing of the ingredient! There were a few others I don’t have either. :man_facepalming:

Yeah the colour of the bottom pic!

Me neither.

I have cooked with mustard oil before but the whole is it safe is it not thing still bugs me :stuck_out_tongue:

Looks fab :drooling_face:

we cook with mustard oil, the rogan Josh we made a few weeks ago had some in.

I am more worried about salmonella and fresh curry leaves

1 Like