Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today V1.2

Nice. What did you think of the Denafrips?

Initially I liked it ,lots of detail etc then just became a little tiresome and on some complicated tracks ended up sounding like a messy mush of sound.

1 Like

Following your DAC escapades with interest, have to drag myself to do the same soon and just can’t get excited about it. Have you seen the Aqua La Scala for sale?

End the quest

1 Like

Tread warily with that one. Heard a LaScala in a system that should have been amazing. Analog Domain amp and Verity Parsival anniversary, didn’t like it at all. Chap wasn’t overly keen either, had ordered it and been given a Formula to tide over till it arrived. When the La Scala did arrive he kept it a month and shipped it back for a Formula, didn’t get to hear the latter

1 Like

Finally got the bloody thing working. To be honest I don’t have much of a clue what I did or how long it will last. The trick seemed to be unplugging all the other HDMI kit (as the app finally told me to do).

Now, what am I going to do with this big old bastard? :laughing:

2 Likes

New hifi? :rofl:

It’s a highly versatile streaming box :+1:

1 Like

Sister will be round in 3…2…1…:wink::joy:

I think it’s already spoken for :laughing:

Also, it’s Sonos, which would represent a bit more of a commitment than just plugging it into the TV if you don’t already have a Sonos set up.

2 Likes

I’d be interested in that for my bar if you’re thinking of selling it? :slightly_smiling_face:

16 Likes

I’ve been sniffing around posh Bluetooth headphones (Sony WH-1000XM5, Sennheiser MOMENTUM 4 - does anyone have any experience?) and while reading reviews saw WHF (calm down, calm, down) saying that Sennheiser HD 250BTs are a bit of a no-brainer for the money.

Noticed that they’d gone down even further on Amazon (prepared to sacrifice ethics for munneh) with Black Friday so took a punt on a pair. If they turned out to be rubbish then the wife already wants them to replace her utterly knackered MS Teams headset.

Anyhow, just set them up and for £26 they seem ridiculously good.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08HVNFF98/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

4 Likes

Nice, ordered a pair for Hel as she loves to waft around the house watching TV on her ipad set at full volume :weary:

1 Like

The bass on Zion Train’s Follow Like Wolves is a bit over-emphasised. Duolingo is maybe a bit reedy (I think they use very low bitrate samples). They’re maybe a bit tighter than I’d like on my (admittedly massive) head.

But yeah, for £26 the wife can buy her own headset - I’m keeping these.

Are they close backed?
Thinking trains and planes

Yes. I’m thinking trains too.

Not particularly hi-fi, but very high utility and bang-for-buck IMO.

1 Like

What is that cover made from?

Seems a crazy good deal.

Unicorn ballsack :man_shrugging:

I suspect they’re 100% plastic, and they in no way compare with the wired headphones I have. But at this price I’m surprised that they even switch on.

2 Likes

That sounds good to me, thanks.