Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

Anyone got experience with chord preamps?
Considering a swap for a Chord Prima, with my ProJect RS pre and power supply sold on…

To get one box and a device that has different gain settings per input and that remembers the one you use when turned on!

Welcome to the Techy Massive, innit :grin::ok_hand::+1:

Picked up a second SP10 as a bit of a too good to pass on. Needs the switch sorting and one of mine will then go up for sale.
Both are in good nick and happy with them…

2 Likes

:face_vomiting:

Chord are fine if you can’t hear anything above 10 Khz but they sound dry and screechy to me.

Had a Prima - very pretty but sounded bang average and the remote was crap.

1 Like

Guess I’ll stick with the project then!
Sounds lovely but I’m lazy and selecting the fourth input every time I turn it on gets annoying :man_shrugging:t2:

If it’s convenient it’s not hifi :+1:

6 Likes

Move the cables to the first input or is that too difficult?

Is that a ‘domestic’ sample with 1 psu box?

Chord, meh, £1k for a midi killing device, leave well alone.

1 Like

The fourth input is balanced and designed for low gain devices like phono stages.

C

My system has received a large injection of Class A oomph courtesy of this not-so-new Plinius SA-50 Mark 3. The amplifier is in lovely condition and gives that little bit more bottom end than the Rank Concept monos I was using. Also, I quite like the Darth Vader vibe it provides.

I’m also experimenting with a HiFiBerry Raspberry Pi setup that means I have moved to Roon, so a new DAC beckons after the next set of toys arrives.

20 Likes

Do the street lights dim when you turn it up?

Me like :+1:

2 Likes

Re-wire the inputs?

1 Like

looks a bit hurty. Is it possible to mover without lacerations?

Foo amp stand as well.

Well, if anyone’s gonna know …

Moth antenna cooling fins

2 Likes

:slightly_smiling_face:

Finite Element don’t you know, bought on the el cheapo. I have two for when the monoblocks are deployed

Not as hard to shift as something like @Jim’s old Alephs. It is only 30Kg :face_with_raised_eyebrow: and the handles are actually useful as handles which is a novelty with these kind of amps.