Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

Did you buy new Art speakers recently?Couldn’t remember if you did or not.

Small re-org required to accommodate new phono

9 Likes

Is that an Onyko pre/power?

It most certainly is.

P3000R Pre-amp & M5000R Power-amp.

2 Likes

Nice,what speakers?

B&W CM9, like these…

2 Likes

No, not yet. Would sir be interested in a slight used pair of Art Loudspeakers that might be available once I have dispensed with the many builders whose sticky mitts are currently emptying my wallet?

Plumbers are cunts too.

Needs a rug. Nice tupperware though.

1 Like

Sadly not,other half wants me to get LS3s

Sensible girl.:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I was on the rug when taking the picture. Large rug on floor in between speakers and listening sofa.

The Tupperware contains 1) my old toy cars which my daughter occasionally plays with and 2) pens.

1 Like

A few notes regarding my first evening with the Allnic H-1201. I have been lusting over these for a couple of years and never really expected that I would actually have one in my system. Not this year, anyway.

Over the last 3 years, my valve phono stage journey has gone Jolida JD9 II (modded) > Remton 383 MkII > Allnic H-1201. Previous to this I only ever used on-board phonos in solid-state amps.

As mentioned in an earlier post, the first thing I noticed was the quiet noise floor. Without doubt the quietest I have heard. Not sure what difference this makes when playing Spacemen 3 at high volume, but there you go.

I am using it in the MM setting, with a Nagaoka MP-500 on the posh disco deck. It has noticeably less gain than the Remton. The volume knob made it to 11 o’clock this evening, and it wasn’t that loud (although my missus would like to argue otherwise).

I have listened to a mixture of music today, and the overriding theme of the day has been “detail”. I love the full, rich sound of the Remton, and initially my brain mistook the extra detail from the Allnic for tinniness/lean sound/lack of bass.

However, as the evening progressed and the sun set with a slightly beery haze, I sat listening to Electric Moon - Stardust Rituals. There is plenty enough bass, and while lacking the bloom/“fullness” of the Remton stage. the Allnic conveys much more tone and control of the lower frequencies. The midrange sound is sublime. It really has made a superb impression on me. I have a bit of a head cold, so cannot really comment too much on the upper frequencies…they sound OK so far though…

So there you have it. That’s my 2p. I would apologise for talking about hi-fi in the Abattoir, but fuck it. You’re all cunts anyway. :wink:

Thanks to Olan @htm_1968 for making it happen.

15 Likes

tl;dr

9 Likes

Nice croft pre with phono, sweet sounding little thing, like it a lot. Port and starboard volume pots and phono selector switches, took a few minutes to figure the latter out!

Thanks to Bob for the loan :grinning:

17 Likes

Cracking looking set up Bob :+1:

1 Like

Glad it suits you. Nice thing if you can stand the twin volume controls.

Ah well, the neighbours will love the brass band music.:rofl:

Which pre is it Bob, I’m on the lookout for a new pre with phono ?

1 Like

Croft SuperMicro

:+1:

It has a nice MM stage.