Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

Keep it that way. :ok_hand:t2:

6 Likes

I have a nice Japanese made IoJ here that the owner/seller wants 4000E for. Doesn’t appear to have been used much. I fitted new tags to the leads as the original ones were losing contact & a bit shit. But it now plays very well.

5 Likes

Kondo IOJ List price was $15000 (Currently out of production)

Nope, too many other things to do.

Hopeless nirvana

Strap of the day

As led by Chad Kroeger?

Not according to betfair

What, if anything, would you compare it to in the current AN UK range, Guy?

It has some beguiling qualities but it isn’t quite as good as the Io Gold I had.

2 Likes

Interesting, although that’s a bar that’s set pretty high. :grin:

Permendur loveliness :sunglasses:

I’d put the Permendur-less Etsuro Urushi on a par with the Gold although it does have a somewhat different presentation.

I was quite keen on upgrading to the Ltd at one point and Pete very kindly brought his around for me to try. I must admit that I was disappointed, not because it didn’t sound great, because it did, but it wasn’t really any big improvement on the Gold, just a slightly different presentation.

I didn’t think it justified the massive increase in cost as well as the outlay on a new (6 wired) arm. I could have reduced the cost by having the two additional wires wrapped around the Graham, as we did to dem Pete’s but after lengthy consideration, decided to stick with the Gold.

It probably needed an Ongaku to bring the best out of it :wink:

1 Like

…but, but…valves :grimacing:

1 Like

I think the best approach to Audio Note kit is to see it as an investment. Buy it through some murky cash-in-a-dark-alley deal and wait five years for Qvortrup to quadruple the “price”, sell and profit. For additional returns, smear on some random voodoo Japanese hybrid substance to add patina.

3 Likes

Not quite ‘today’ but I bought a Yamaha GT-2000 turntable back in February looking like this…

After some help from a few choice sources and some hard work, as of this evening it now looks like this:

I’m quite happy…

28 Likes

You’ve ruined it by removing all the ‘patina’.

:wink:

4 Likes

Gigantic and tremendous.

Words to live by.

That’s a splendid job and it’s really great to see kit treated that way. I’m always most proud of stuff I’ve brought back from the dead and I’m sure it rewards the effort put into it.

1 Like