Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

Thanks Bob I’ll need to have a look around for a Bronze :+1:

There was one on PFM a little while ago.

1 Like

Today I hacked my baffles and fitted a pair of Supravox 215 RTF 64 drivers in my system.
I actually owned this pair in the past sold them a few years ago and spotted them on eBay and bought them back. Finally now reinstalled, they are my favourite OB drivers ever ever despite a poor HF response.

5 Likes

I’m still the other side of the fence, I’ve been happy with mc into Trichord, Soneteer and now a Paradise, don’t see the point of faffing with SUT’s That may or may not work with my (mostly) AT carts. Throw in Denons and a Shelter and I’d need a SUT for every day. Maybe I should consolidate but where’s the fun in that :joy:

How is the Paradise?

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Longdog will not be for sale soon😜

1 Like

Did you get Adam to design the baffles?

3 Likes

Damn good drivers. I had a pair about 12 years back before I bought the Lowther EX4s.

Lovely, how do they compare the the Mark Audio (12P?) you were using?

I am a fan of the Supravox drivers, even if mine are back in France!

The supravox seem much easier on the ear to me flexible in positioning and work well with the bass drivers i have. As you know I have had lots of different OB drivers over the years, these supravoxes really suit me. The alpairs sound very shut in and hifi in comparison. I need to sort out a new system for the lounge and I am thinking of another pair.

2 Likes

Well I managed 12 months with no changes :grin: Couldn’t resist trying a pair of Avalon Ideas when I saw a used pair come up for sale at a Swedish dealer. I have always liked them when I have heard them at a couple of shows paired with Edge amps. They seem to suit my room nicely especially running them with Ian’s ex Vitus amp. Not tried them with the Karan yet.

19 Likes

Look great there Nick

1 Like

OK - I’ll say it…

VTA looks a bit off

Nah, I think it’s the azimuth :thinking:

Prog will do that every time

1 Like

I bought some Totem speakers from the same dealer a year or so back - very good service. We even shared photo’s of our dogs.:grinning:

Is that a bachelor pad Nick?

Ha as much as it can be for now. Fortunately my son lives in the gym and hasn’t got a clue why anyone needs more than a phone and a Bluetooth speaker to listen to music.

Very nice.

@MJ2 Mike @Wayward Ritchie - a quick update on these.

I’ve done hours of listening since they arrived and they are superb. One thing tho’ I do think having the sub makes all the difference as they are a wee bit light on bass without it.

They are finished to a very high standard with the grain on the veneer matching on all sides - a nice touch

They certainly don’t look or sound like £185 worth of speaker :+1:

11 Likes