Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

I own Boenicke W8.

You can get swing bases at circa £1k plus.

Or this wonderfully crafted wooden alternative with a custom base to add stability whilst allowing me to slide them about.

The concept is to suspend the speakers and let them move about freely under load.

2 Likes

Of course it is, we knew that…

1 Like

Gibbons arrived today, have only been setup for a short while but they are bloody good speakers. Really great soundstage and detail but bass not quite as deep or loud as the tune audios though.

8 Likes

Too far apart…

5 Likes

6 Likes

Yup, get 'em out of the corners for the win.

Cable splitter ruins the wall. I’d extend the cable and hide the splitter.

Which valve amp is hiding behind the sofa?

SJS phono stage

Ah, one of the earlier ones before the new cases. What’s it like? What are you using for a Phono stage now?

It’s really good, it’s not as detailed as the Vida but is the most even and balanced phono I’ve heard. It really shines in the mid range but I like music a bit brighter or in your face so think it loses a little in the treble.

I’m still using it but alternate with an Aurorasound Vida.

1 Like

he is one clever bloke, and the finish will be sublime vs. €1500 RRP for the manufacturer’s design which is nowhere as nice

Not a great pic, phone, dark, yada yada yada -

Hot Rodded DCB1 pre

3 Likes

Can we have an in use pic, I am not getting how one could hang a pair of speakers from them.

2 Likes

In the process of hotrodding mine. Where did that one come from, looks good!

Bought it off a chap in Italy.

Quite nice sounding and very early days but, so far, I think I prefer my TVC.

1 Like

Clearly not shiny enough :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::+1:

6 Likes

When they get here. The Boenicke website has a dedicated page and video, and YouTube has a home made video of them in use (the ones you can source from the makers).

Front of speaker is on a ball bearing as there is already a brass cup in the speaker, mirrored by the one under on the base.
The back triangle points are a slot in bracket that hangs like a swing.
This pictured contraption just adds a solid base to mount it all on.

When you put that on ebay remember that you need to be naked when you you take the pics :grin:

10 Likes

you use the supplier rear bar, remove the supplied feet and hang it on wires = RRP €1500 or . . .