Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

These lovely things are sounding tremendous this morning, on loan from @crimsondonkey. Having one of those moments when I can’t try favourite albums out quick enough to see how good they sound. Thanks Wayne.

Oh, and other huge upgrade of the day is a pair of sports socks in the slotted ports of my Spendor S8e, tightened up the bass nicely.

15 Likes

I thought the socks might work :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Just looking for audiophile socks online.

2 Likes

I have some silver thread ones I’m not using.
Yours for £259.
I just want back what I paid for them.

7 Likes

Here you go.

https://www.sweatguard.co.uk/silver-socks.asp?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqYGrl8ef4AIVmZ3VCh1vDQkiEAAYASAAEgKE5fD_BwE

2 Likes

I’ve heard that bamboo fibre socks are reasurringly expensive :+1:

1 Like

I have plywood socks,can’t say they are very comfy though

4 Likes

but very comfortable

Sorry, needs to be way more expensive before I believe it makes a difference

Work a treat

1 Like

Excellent idea

Audio Note could re-badge them for you for a fee I imagine.

1 Like

8 Likes

So pleased to see them sounding good , will you be using the matching pre amp too ?

With a bit of luck I will give it a try. Very surprised how well these work in my system, providing enough current for my sleepy Spendors.

I need to sort the mains/grounding in my system, I had a some speaker buzz until I connected one mono via an extension lead to another room:roll_eyes:

Wife unimpressed by trailing cables, but sounds ace.

Thats a pain , wonder whats causing that ?

Probably just my cheap B&Q extension cables being plugged into two adjacent wall sockets. I am an electronics numpty, but guessing it was creating some king of ground loop, as breaking the chain has also cured a crackle problem when changing sample rates using my streamer.

Need a conditioner or a dc blocker or both. Or something completely different.

2 Likes

I have one of those going spare.

2 Likes

I have one of Sodders 4 way, and a single one, you are welcome to try.

1 Like