Shiny brand new second hand things in my system today

You have a foo record weight.

1 Like

That’s a pretty turntable.

Please accept an official Beobloke Seal of Approval.

1 Like

Yup, it’s solid shakti :rofl:

2 Likes

The only way to roll.

1 Like

Step down arrived. We have lift off.

21 Likes

They are truly lovely things but I have to wonder why the hell you’d waste front panel space with a circuit diagram of the bloody transformers, when you could have put a sodding great VU meter in there instead.

7 Likes

Looking good. How are they sounding?

1 Like

I know its bizarre. The panel on the preamp is a bit more functional though.

Played a few songs, think they’re getting up to temp. Sound wise - very nice :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Are they getting hot yet? :wink:

Room is nice and warm :+1:

Not seen the power meter go over 0.03 watt yet :rofl:

2 Likes

Finally got round to doing some more on the room/furniture. Ordered a Something Solid EXF rack to replace my Ikea unit, and after a few years deciding, ordered some GIK Panels!

I’ve also added to the Mullard content, a branded Mullard GZ32 to compliment my other NOS one for spare, and a Mullard ECC88 too as an alternative to the Tesla E88CC.

Mullard by Robert Seymour, on Flickr

9 Likes

Borrowed a modified Beresford Caiman DAC off my friend Chris to try with the optical out on the Chromecast Audio streaming Tidal Hifi. It has an uprated power supply.

First impressions are it’s rather good feeding directly into the Rega power amp via the variable output.

a modified Beresford Caiman DAC off my friend Chris to try with the optical out on the Chromecast Audio streaming Tidal Hifi. It has an updated power supply.

3 Likes

Certainly seems a lot more complex than throwing a record on!

2 Likes

No VTA to worry about though.:grin:

1 Like

It’s still out, though.

1 Like

Is it nice? Of course it is. Does it sound Good? Oh yes

Am I off my head? Yes

Is Rob998 waiting for me drop dead so he can claim my Oracle/Kuzma? I think so…but not before a few drinking sessions first

1 Like

Morning Chris!

I’m pretty sure that if by some miracle I outlive you to get my filthy paws on the Oracle, nature will have played some hilarious trick on me like giving me the shakes so that it’ll be impossible for me to play vinyl.

That power supply lead needs upgrading.

i was reading all around the caiman seg on AOS , lots of threads , some positive some negative but certainly stan seems to give excellent service and vfm