Show us your Baps

Moar accurater.

Sultana, pecan and oat biscuits.

Man, they’re good.

13 Likes

Mail delivery Biscuit venture ? :pray:

Today’s crusty batard, fresh out of the oven.

Imgur

12 Likes

Boiled fruit cake and lemon drizzle for family gathering tomorrow.

6 Likes

Gathering cancelled due to COVID, we’re going to be eating a lot of cake :smiley:

5 Likes

More no-knead sorcery. I don’t think I’ve ever seen two coming out looking the same

6 Likes

Really short
Pre amp

Power amp

Chorizo and French goat cheese

Oh and that corner of pastry has been hacked and scoffed

6 Likes

Meat loaf

Bread loaf

9 Likes

One slice from the top, two from the bottom → epic sandwich.

1 Like

Talk about oven spring, I think this one was more like oven explosion!

I’m sure it will be absolutely fine to eat but it just looks a tad messy.

9 Likes

Not really bread but inspired by watching a Rick Stein weekend in Thessaloniki yesterday where he made a peach pie inspired by the locals.

Starts with stewing some peaches (I used nectarines as the peaches in the shop looked some way off ripeness) in a couple of spoonfuls of honey and a vanilla stick for

10-15 mins.

Meanwhile laid 4 sheets of ready made filou pastry (brushed with melted butter) in a dish.

Add the stewed fruit.

Put single layer of filou over and fold in the edges. In hindsight this might be better with 2 or 3 layers above. Bake at 200C until a nice brown.

Ideally you’d dust with icing sugar but didn’t have any so sprinkled a little castor sugar on. Should be served with Greek yogurt but creme fraiche will do.

Will make again, very easy and tastes nice.

10 Likes

Looks like a Lopwell signature dish. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

This is good value at the moment - note that you have to buy 3 x 5 packs minimum (22.5kg) - so it’s only for you if you bake a lot of bread.

It’s easily the best I’ve used, I’ve tried Heygates and Nelstrops which are both good but I keep going back to this one.

2 Likes

Knocked up a couple of fat-ish baguettes today

9 Likes

Never mind the quality feel the width!

2 Likes

Thank you, Manny.

:grinning:

1 Like

I’ve never managed to get tin loaves just as I want them but today’s effort is much more like it. Soft and light with a good crust.

14 Likes

That looks excellent!

1 Like

I haven’t been eating bread the last couple of months so I really shouldn’t click on this thread when I see a post lol

Really makes me want some that.