Slashers' corner's

This ^^^

Hence having a beard for a while now.

1 Like

Me too. i only shave a little bit on my cheeks above my beard line (for werewolf reasons) and the top of my moustache just below my nose (for tickle reasons) :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

In hindsight, I think I may have made a small tactical misjudgement in undertaking my first shave on a 4 day old beard, maybe.

From Lidl. Cheap, effective & no cuts.

But the main issue with wet shaving is making sure your face has got hot enough & wet enough. This is best achieved by having a hot shower just beforehand but if not possible then at least running a bowlful of hot water and putting it over your face for a good few minutes before applying soap.

If you don’t do this you’ll get cuts.

2 Likes

Yes,get your face as hot as poss for the best shave,the rest is wank.

2 Likes

Saying that,i love watching people get foo’d up,so,carry on.

giphy%20(2)

4 Likes

Modern razors are designed to be mashed against your face and are very forgiving of changing contours - whereas with a safety razor you need to carefully manage the glide path of the blade around your face and use much shorter strokes, always following the direction of hair growth - never against otherwise you can guarantee rashes.

Yes, but that’s why modern multi-bladed razors are far, far better - you can go against the grain without leaving your face in ribbons and therefore achieve a much closer shave :+1:

2 Likes

A friend of mine only uses hot water, nothing else.

Rong.

If you practice and acquire the skill then DE razor can be as good/ better than modern multi blades. Also the cost of safety razor blades is peanuts even accounting for having to change them more frequently.

How much better? Has anyone ever tried to measure it? (actually I’m sure they will have somewhere)

Bearing in mind facial hair grows at between 0.25 & 0.5mm per day, how many hours would the advantage be worth?

Rub test for smoothness :+1:

All adequate razors are identical under ABX conditions.

1 Like

Lopwell Shave off needed

2 Likes

Could get messy. Lopwell is messy enough as it is!

1 Like

@MJ2 as the test dummy :grin:

1 Like

Yes,maybe shave someones face Friday afternoon,half with disposables,half with foo.

You could put it on a live feed on t’interweb. That could scare a few people :ok_hand::+1:

1 Like

This^^^

Clipper off at at 00 every week to 10 days, then a little trim.
I have very sensitive skin donchaknow :disappointed:

1 Like

Unlike your hearing :wink: