Slashers' corner's

I have very sensitive hearing too. This is why I like Prog. The nuance and detail is lost on mere mortals :smirk:

3 Likes

More like it.

3 Likes

Mr. MWS - Life hacks vol 1

Shavers - Did you know

Genital warts

Transmission of genital warts occurs through contact with infected skin. Research has shown that men who keep their pubic hair have a lower chance of getting warts. This is because pubic hair acts as a shield to reduce skin contact between people during intercourse. Viva la Growler

1 Like

Dear old Ron

I caught scabies in the early 80s.
Had them for 6 months before they were diagnosed.

Great days and also a fantastic anecdote at Christmas mealtime with the family :+1:

5 Likes

Not EinstĆ¼rzende Neubautenā€™s finest album, but an interesting period of creativity for them nevertheless.

2 Likes

Mr. MWS: Life hacks vol 2

A robustly hairy pubic and underarm region is responsible for secretion of pheromones, the chemicals that trigger a natural sexual reaction from members of the opposite sex. In short shaving undoes natures way of assisting attraction. As this action has taken millions of years to perfect it seems somewhat backward to retard the process. Viva La Growler

4 Likes

Why do people shave?

5 Likes

Iā€™ve only had a beard for a year or so, but the liberation from the daily wet shave and five oā€™clock shadow is fantastic. I keep it tidy with a trim every few days, job done.

I did used to like the feel of a wet shave shortly afterwards, but I hated it when I didnā€™t get one bit perfectly smooth, loathed the stubble in the evening and the weekends were shit, where I could either shave (but WHY?!?) or have even shittier stubble.

Trombone playing with beard=suboptimal.

Beardys unite

2 Likes

1 Like

Not enough blood

@Gyroscope

The slant has just licked me clean without a cut or a nick. Had to do a reverse grain to finish and a little tricky in the nose and chin.
Post hot shower. Iā€™d not dare go dryā€¦ just a bit of shave gel. Badger brushes and creams are a bit foo for me. I donā€™t believe they make any difference other than in the mind!

Have to give it an hour now to make sure I donā€™t end up with a pizza face!

2 Likes

A good brush and very thick cream will massage the face and get the bristles away from your skin.

Going against the grain, tut tut, rash for you.

Best way to deal with the fuzz (:smirk:)

2 Likes

Howā€™s everyone getting on with their new razors?
Iā€™m doing OK, so hereā€™s todayā€™s shave log:

Prep: hot shower
Pre: hot flannel
Soap: Taylor of Old Bond St Sandalwood, bowl lathered.
Brush: MĆ¼hle Vivo black fibre
Razor: Merkur 23c
Blade: Polsilver (2nd shave)

Iā€™m still at the stage of experimenting what I like best, face or bowl lathering. I prefer the texture of the lather I get in a bowl, but I prefer the fragrance hit from face latheringā€¦, hmm, decisions decisionsā€¦

Also today I went ATG for the first time with a DE. I have tended to avoid this with my multi-blade shaving due to getting ingrowers, but I think that a multi-blade razor that has 3 or more blades actually pulls the hair from below skin level, Iā€™m guessing that the pressure you can apply with a cartridge makes matters worse, and I canā€™t see a DE doing this, so decided to risk it.

The result was a really good smooth shave, with no redness or irritation. I still need to work out/be braver with the razor angles under the jawline, but Iā€™m pleased with my progress so far and really enjoying the experience.

2 Likes

Ffs, weā€™ve had coffee faff, mince pie faff and HCB faff, now we have shaving faffā€¦:roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Iā€™m currently using a Kiehlā€™s gel thing, simply because it was a freebie.

Itā€™s shit.

Straight back to Proraso + brush when itā€™s finished.

1 Like

Soon it will be cars with starter handles. :joy:

4 Likes