Slaughterhouse

Come down with something since this afternoon,banging headache,very sore to swallow / cough etc. Will take another test tomorrow just in case.

1 Like

Look after yourself mate.

2 Likes

Seems itā€™s covid.
As far as I know itā€™s the first time Iā€™ve had it

Bugger.

Hope itā€™s a mild one Stu.

1 Like

That is no good @stu . I hope it passes quickly.

1 Like

Dammit. Iā€™m afraid itā€™s with us now though, so sooner or later it will get to all of us (I made it to Jan this year, Mrs VBā€™s yet to have it). Best wishes for an easy ride and quick recovery.

1 Like

GWS Stu.

1 Like

Hope itā€™s not too bad @stu

1 Like

Does anyone know how quickly a positive can show after being exposed to it?

It varies. In my case I reckoned I most likely got exposed on Thursday morning, symptoms started to appear on Saturday late afternoon/early evening, proper sore throat and coughing on Sunday and my first test, at 08:00 or so Monday, was very heavily positive (I reckon Iā€™d have tested positive on Sunday if I hadnā€™t thought it was ā€˜that cold thatā€™s going aroundā€™).

1 Like

Can be over a week before testing positive.

We both had it for first time a few weeks ago. We both tested positive on the same day although I started symptoms about 2-3 days before.

1 Like

Well after a couple of shitty nights of physical shaking from feeling cold to sweats it slowly seems to be going.Hopefully back to normal by next week

18 Likes

Wonā€™t regale you with the unsavoury details but Iā€™ve been rather unwell since Saturday. Neighbour just told me that norovirus or some kind of similar winter vomiting bug has been doing the rounds up here. Makes sense.

1 Like

I went down with noro about 6 weeks ago.
Thankfully Mrs P was in hospital and a new mattress was already on order.

6 Likes

Iā€™ve experienced the details myself. I had it it a few weeks ago for a few days. Youā€™ll be fine soon enough but its shite at the time. Hope you get well soon bud.

1 Like

1 Like

Bollocks!

Have you had it before?

Iā€™m still+ after 10 days, pissed off.

I was surprised how different the tests showed by different suppliers,on one the line was barely visible,the other a really strong positive