Slaughterhouse

Yes. Bits crossed* here too Paul.

*It’s an Oxfordshire thing :+1:

2 Likes

Best wishes.

1 Like

Best wishes to you both Paul on what must be a very worrying time - for all it’s problems the NHS does really pull through at times like this so Lou will be in good hands.

1 Like

Oh Paul, I hope that Lou gets fixed soon. I can’t imagine how stressful this is for the pair of you.

1 Like

Just waiting for the date now. It’s frustrating, worrying and a little bit surreal, but we’re hanging in and concentrating on the positives.

3 Likes

Date confirmed for Lou’s op.

7th Dec (next Thursday) Fingers crossed.

I’ll be flying to Aberdeen on 6th.

21 Likes

Seriously thinking of you both. The percentage odds of success are high ( and you can probably add a few more points to that ) Surgeons have to tell it how it is and cannot be overly optimistic, but 80/90%, good odds mate, sadly opposed to those at present. She’ll be like a new woman post convalescence - watching you do all the housework and then some, oh how I hope she milks it. :grinning:

1 Like

Good news. Be positive; I’m sure all will work out well and you’ll both have a fantastic Christmas together

1 Like

Good news Paul.

1 Like

Glad you have a date Paul.

1 Like

Great news ! Fixed by Christmas. Nice pressie.

2 Likes

wishing you both all the best, and Lou a speedy recovery

1 Like

Well, after getting people to look after the girls and sorting out all of the travel arrangements to Aberdeen, Lou’s op has been put back ‘a week or so’ ffs.

However, the surgeon is convinced it is the right decision, so we have to trust his judgement.

Both disappointed but happy that he’s taking so much care in his decisions.

10 Likes

All that matters tbh.

2 Likes

Looks like Lou isn’t going to have the op now. Surgeon is not prepared to do it as he says there’s now a 25% chance that she would not survive. Lou just wants to come home now. I can imagine why she feels that way.

Both very disappointed and up in the air. She needs to see the surgeon again to get the long term prognosis of not having the op.

Completely confused

All this uncertainty must be very distressing Paul. Clearly with a big op you want them to be just as sure as they can be that they’re taking the best path forward. But you do wonder sometimes whether they factor in the emotional upset that results when they do their thinking out loud. You’re both very much in my thoughts.

Graeme

1 Like

So sorry to hear this Paul, so many ifs, buts and why’s must be playing havoc with you and Lou. Regards to the both of you and hope that you can look forward to encouraging news in the future.

1 Like

Bugger, sorry to hear that, sounds like a very difficult situation. :confused:

1 Like

Thoughts with you both Paul

1 Like

Sorry to hear your news Paul. I hope the situation becomes clearer and that you can find the best way forward.

1 Like