Slaughterhouse

I saw the episode this morning, didn’t realise Lou featured in it, shall have to repeat watch. Uncanny really as I rarely watch tv, even Mrs S commented on the idyllic setting and was most impressed when I informed her of your dwelling.
Hope all is well tomorrow.

1 Like

so you have a vacancy for a Dr then?

Yes, several. The surgery on Yell is staffed exclusively with locums

I think he means “physician”.

Software folks with pills and scalpels = bad idea :smile:

If that’s what you were thinking …

4 Likes

Aah, proper doctor :man_health_worker:

Lou’s op planned to go ahead on 28th has been postponed and is now subject to further long term tests. She arrived home yesterday, so at least we get to spend Christmas together.

The whole situation is doing her (and my) head in. 5 1/2 weeks in hospital and we feel no further forward. It’s like playing snakes and ladders, except the stakes are higher.

Rubbish, the uncertainty is appalling I imagine, all I can say is that it’s probably better to have doctors that take time to consider and reflect than ones that dive straight in, scalpel first. At least you get to have Xmas together. Good luck.

2 Likes

I feel for you both. Not knowing what’s happening and not being able to plan, it must be really gut wrenching. The positive is that you’re home together and will be able to enjoy Christmas with each other.

1 Like

That’s appalling Paul but as Adam said, sometimes procrastination is a good thing. Spend the season enjoying yourselves. Try not to think about it (easier said than done) and see what the NY brings.

:squid:

2 Likes

Sounds awful,glad you are both home for xmas :+1:

1 Like

I just can’t imagine what you’re both going through. Best of luck to you.

1 Like

Sorry to hear of this latest delay Paul, but hopefully it is for the best :+1:

1 Like

sorry to hear of the further delay. Enjoy xmas together.

Louise here is on the waiting list for a hysterectomy - and her consultant keeps changing her mind as to whether surgery is essential (normal 3-4 month waiting list) or elective surgery (2 years wait).

1 Like

Even though it’s a total nightmare, at least you’ll get to spend Christmas together and hopefully forget about it all for a while.

Long term tests sounds more positive to me, so could well turn out to be a better result for you both :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thinking of you both Paul. Hang on in there. It will get sorted.

Graeme

1 Like

Fingers crossed here for the both of you.
Andy

1 Like

Thanks guys. All (well nearly all) thoughts of the op and future tests etc have been put to one side and we’re just going to enjoy the next couple of weeks before we sit down and see how we can move forward on that front.

It’s now officially Xmas in Funzie and the turkey is defrosting ready for the full on blow out tomorrow!

2 Likes

Hellish time for you both Paul, echo everyone else’s thoughts.

Enjoy Lou being back and Best Wishes to you both.

1 Like

Good plan Paul, have a great Christmas!

1 Like

Sorry to hear about this Paul. The sense of no progress that accompanies these kind of decisions can be very difficult to deal with, particularly after such a long period apart. Hopefully a new year will bring some better news.

1 Like