Slippery slopes

You would like the LV’s. Which amp do you have at the mo’?

I already have some LV Avatar’s which work well in my room. I have a WAD 300b PP interstage copy which work very well with the Avatar’s.

Its a tough call as I could just stick with my system which is sounding great at the moment. I might see what the best price Lynn/Kevin can do is and then take it from there.

Have a look for some Heco Direkts, they are outstanding with 300B amps.

I’d take Direkts with 300B over LV any day of the week.

The two are mutually exclusive, unless you have substantial independent means.

Not sure about the Kondo Io either, you can get a ANUK one cheaper, and to a lot of ears better.

I would take top end LVs over Direkt any day of the week however! :grin:

This man talks sense. Would go lovely with your 300b pp.

Or better still get a pair of the Heco singing fridges :+1:

3 Likes

This.

And this.

LVs suck - for the money.

2 Likes

Thanks guys. Not sure I have room for two fridges or two 2001 Monolith’s in my front room depending on colour of Direkts, although might try the single driver if a pair dealer has advertised for £900 ex demo are still available.

However if anyone knows of a AN UK IO looking for a home for a good price do PM me.

As I got my slightly damaged LV’s Avatar’s for less than £700 including the boxes I had to order from Definitive I agree I am not sure spending over four times as much to go to the top of the range RW is the right move. Note the damage was just a nick in one surround and now a bash on a rear corner which was my fault so doesn’t affect the sound.

3 Likes

:smile::smile::smile:

Dedication, discipline, sacrifice, a quest for jouissance and beauty . A life well spent, commendable (And commit-able)

Is this a goal, or a warning?

Hasn’t purchased new clothes in 15 years…

That’s most of this place too isn’t it?

1 Like

I was mildly amused by nutter #2’s claim to a ‘girlfriend’. I can only assume that she was either imaginary, inflatable, or stored in jars in the fridge behind yer man’s sofa.

4 Likes

Basing the ‘value’ of OBX RWs on £700 for damaged Avatars is not really realistic

True, but somewhere north of £2500 is still a tough call for me. Will call tomorrow and see what the score is, as I need to see photos anyway.

Suspect I will be worse off by the end of the call no matter what. :smiley:

On charge in the hallway…

https://www.aliexpress.com/i/33040497816.html

5 Likes

You had better clear that out of your browser history…

4 Likes

ANUK Io1 come up for around £1K to £1.2K reasonably regularly, the elephant in the room is always the SUT

1 Like