Sous vide

$3500!

2 Likes

Post of the day and it’s not even time for elevenses A+

Business opportunity! Skillet Lab-Ya FTW. :+1:

2 Likes

Think what it’ll be worth once it’s been cryo’d ! (And no, I don’t just mean bunging into the freezer with the chips.)

VB

Griswold x Lab-Ya! collaboration: 17 limited butter boiled, 200 year seasoned and Schumannated mini skillets for the discerning gentleman.

5 Likes

I have the Chefsteps Joule, which replaced an Anova

I use it a fair bit. Pre-seared red meats are the staple protein of choice for SV, but I find fish and veggies to be absolutley fantastic done SV.

Fucking luddites

Pans…pah

1 Like

Just microwave your steaks. Much nicer.

1 Like

For tonight’s sous vide action I give you:

5 Likes

Ooh nice! :+1:

nice starter, what’s for main?

can’t say I knew this was a thing!

but in true AA style, I now seem to NEED one to go with my tasteful shoes and elegant watch

so who uses a vacuum sealer? and who just uses a zip lock bag?

I use a vacuum sealer.

Zip lock bag = cheaper and no faff . . . I think you’ll find no takers here :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I buy steak/meat in bulk from Costco now and then, vacuum sealer is great for that. The steaks can be put straight in the sous vide without defrosting. Lazy ftw.

2 Likes

Zip lock bag but have been cruising Amazon today looking for one. @edd9000, do you have one to recommend?

I have the Amazon basics one. https://www.amazon.co.uk/AmazonBasics-Vacuum-Sealer-Seam-Black/dp/B073DC31R5/ref=sr_1_3?crid=EKEYOT15DD1P&keywords=amazon+vacuum+sealer&qid=1576689178&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&sprefix=amazon+vac%2Caps%2C138&sr=8-3

Adequate.

Thanks, Is it big enough to do caveman lumps of cow?

Just use proper sous vide zip lock bags and seal in water