SOYS: State Of Your System

Bit of an update, thanks to @Mrs_Maureen_OPinion I now have a lovely over the top power cable so fit and forget for a nice neat installation.
On the recomendations, I have bought a pair of Auralex Gramma V2s which are working well, up until a point anyway, with very bass heavy music at high volumes the floor still starts to vibrate a lot, but a lot less than before!
Also finally got round to putting a basic TV system together, a pair of bargain KEF 3001SE to go with the Castle Sub, a MiniDSP 2x4HD to do the DAC/Pre and Crossover and a Bantam Stealth (on its way) for the power amp.
Feeling a bit more lived in now, with the LPs unboxed and some pictures put up around, as well as the remaining acoustic panels.

I’d like a nice big plant for the far corner but the Wife would like a big corner sofa, so some negotiations going on there. At least hifi wise, no issues, pretty much carte blanche… (now to kick off the DIY speaker project!).

24 Likes

I would be getting that turntable on a wall shelf then!

Yep, I have a Rega one, somwhere, in an unpacked box…

1 Like

Good god, tv in front of a window! I have the urge to throw myself off something low.
Nice room😀

The original plan was it was going to go more to the right but did not want it too close to the Wood Burner come winter. Its a door onto a veranda, although we would not really use it, there is a 2nd door onto it from the Dining room which we would more likely use.

1 Like

A door! on to a veranda… I’ll throw myself off something higher :joy:
Bloody TV screens, the compromises you have to make unless you are prepared to be very spendy😬

That’s life for non Japan

Managed to find the box with the Rega Wall Mount in it!

Rega P7 by Robert Seymour, on Flickr

32 Likes

SL10 out Bix in

19 Likes

So how’s it compare?

The sl10 isn’t my cup of tea. But I think it’s the cart, I’m not sure I want to take the risk on an expensive p mount cart though.

1 Like

I think I have that bearing and platter in my system

1 Like

Tactical blutak :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I’ve lost the smaller weight for the tecnoweight :weary:

3D print one :+1:

Currently in flux.
Garage racking as a perfectly adequate stand
Thorens is at the top and not connected.
Spare shelf with old chopping board and spike support…
Cambridge audio np30 streamer, also not connected
Technics integrated doing service as a preamp. Looking for something better.
Actual Cambridge Audio CXN streamer.
Audio synthesis Dax Decade.
Audio synthesis desire decade
Bada power conditioner…
iPad for Spotify control

Speakers are fooked IPL S5TLs with new woofers incoming.
Cables are a mish mash of old home made shit about to be replaced.
Power leads are some elephant cock Chinese things and some supra stuff.

6 Likes

Isn’t that rack shelving a bit wobbly for a deck?

No idea yet as the deck is not set up yet. It is pretty sturdy though. Everything else sounds fine on it and it’s no longer just piled on the floor.

One bit of kit is truly transparent!

3 Likes

Fancied a change after the Wam show.
Rega Cursa pre out, Rotel RC850 pre in. Now using the on board MC phono in the Rotel, and it’s pretty good :+1:.
Audio Technica AT-F7 MC fitted to the P9.

All new records again :+1:

4 Likes