Speaker positioning woes

This looks more like something that could be described as Pete’s new project.
A deconstructed and improved take on the Paragon theme??

You just beat me to it. Here is something else they do:-

Viva Credenza.

1 Like

Back to the original topic for a while. My listening room is roughly the same shape as @Spenagio’s. Typically I have my speakers at the mouth of bay window firing down the length of the room like this:

I have in the past had them firing across the room. There are two problems with this (i) the chimney gets in the way of the ‘image’ and (ii) mahoosively overblown bass. Once in a while I set the room up that way and it is a dub reggae and electronica fiesta. I suspect that anything wall mounted in the alcoves is just going to sound horrible because of the thin image and bloated bass (or leaden footed flub from small speakers)

When we first moved into this house I was using a set of half-decent (oxy-moron alert) monitor audio speakers on stands in the bay. There was no bass worth mentioning. What there was though, was pin sharp imaging and tremendous speed of response (driven by a Gato DIA 250). When the ARTs arrived I was a bit worried I had made a mistake until they warmed up a bit.

In short, stand mounted speakers in the bay is the way to go. It is a compromise, but then so is life. Get that extension built.

1 Like

Footprint wise,can’t it be small floorstanders?

Fuck I have had some hideous curtains in there…

6 Likes

Based on experience of wanting hifi in lounge and to continue enjoying sex with my wife, the answer my friend is Boenicke :+1:

1 Like

Just fill the bay

10 Likes

Jeebus !!! You’ll have no issues if you change the carpet and the curtains. The footstool needs to go too.

Looked around for some, W8 are blooming lovely.

1 Like

Why thank you. :+1:

The footstool was a gift from a now departed friend. It was recovered due to an excess of dog/baby related incidents.

The current state of play:

I bought the house for this room. I don’t share it with a TV. It is a place of work and rest.

9 Likes

Who plays the Spanish guitar ?
Asking for a friend.

@htm_1968 thank you, top advice.

1 Like

Me. In private only.

I take it back you lucky bastard :blush: great room

It’s in the rong position. It will be subject to sympathetic vibrations. You’ll be degrading the tone from the sound board.

Other top tip. Show her the speakers but don’t set them up. ‘Look how small they are, my Love’ (:grin::grin:) When you put them on the stands (don’t show her them!) make sure she is out. Strategic placement of pot plants is good too.

She wants shutters at the bay like yours too. Bang goes the Boenicke budget.

I need to just grow a pair and surprise her. Anyone got a spare room?