Spotify Is Really Wank

I never got into vinyl so for me, taking the CD from the case/putting it in the player and reading the booklet is the same as pulling out the gatefold/ admiring the artwork is for you. And for sorting records, I have a similar situation with my CDs. The two are closer together than the jump to streaming files.

Ditto - I rotate about 5 CDs in my car (I can stream Spotify but since I listen to it most of the time at home/when out, I choose to ‘force’ myself to listen through CDs in the car. And it’s great listening to a whole album and getting to appreciate even the songs you initially didn’t like that much.

1 Like

Gentlemen! Where is the reverence?

Is this because you have playlists? With Qobuz I just favourite albums, and so I play them through whatever I am. Worth seeing if you can change your spotify habits?

Know that Feel.

I’m generally a declutterer - every time I move hundredweights of possessions head to charidee, Freecycle and tip - but I’ve overdone it a few times… I still have stupid amounts of Stuff, but now, also, Regrets

Instead, I’ve de-guilted: I won’t let the Too Much Stuff headworm pwn me 'cos I know that at some point I’ll get back into That Stuff again.

The reality of most music collections is you’ll play a few dozen albums all the time - and That’s Fine. The rest of the collection will yield regular, pleasant surprises as you re-discover things you’d forgotten.

Let yourself enjoy Nice Things folks - you’ve earned them :fist_right: :fist_left:

Well it’s mostly because I use Spotify as a music discovery tool, so use my commute /background music when working time to find and listen to new stuff. It happens to be that forms about 80% of my music listening time.

This. When touring or on a long drive CD has always been my go to.
I am now completely fucked however, as my new Milk Float doesn’t have a CD player :pleading_face:

1 Like

Terry, I feel I ought to warn you that this sentence has prog joke possibilities about a mile wide. :eyes:

2 Likes

“I’d play a song, but I don’t have enough data on my 50gb/month plan”?

5 Likes

I hate you lot :unamused:

1 Like

Assumed he meant Cross Dressing…

Not sure about that new TfL uniform. Trying for a broader, more approachable, less authoritarian appeal I guess.

1 Like

‘Safety Pink’…

1 Like

“Inclusive” :+1:

1 Like