Tales from Uh-merica

That definitely belongs in the NoShitSherlock group on Reddit

1 Like

Jim Crow laws were sadly the inspiration for the Nazi Germany Nürnberg laws…

2 Likes

Something less unpleasant:

5 Likes

6 Likes

That would be 19 items in Alabama.

6 Likes
4 Likes

US Twitter seemed agog at this.

She lost to a democrat, indigenous (apologies if this is not the correct term), woman, in Alaska.

I’m not tuned in to the subtleties, but it seemed to be a big deal.

2 Likes

Yep. The seat had been held for 50 years (!) by a white, Republican man. This win is a shocker for the Republicans.

2 Likes

:heart:
Press is making a big deal out of it being not just a Democrat, or a woman, but also an Alaskan Native.
Kinda says it all. An Alaskan wins a seat in Alaska, instead of someone from California or Idaho?

Joe Biden speech… Shite so far

3 Likes

Just watched that,
Scary as shit
We know where ‘burning books’ leads

On balance, I think it was better when mentally-ill people were all locked-away in vast, bleak institutions. I think they were happier and more secure then, too. They don’t seem to be coping too well with their freedom.

Also, the two exes I had who used to constantly check my 'phone behind my back, check-up where I was and what I was doing when I wasn’t with them, that used to constantly accuse me of cheating on them… Both of them were serial cheats.

I kinda feel the same way about far-right christians that see pedophiles everywhere…

8 Likes

9 Likes

I thought the idea of America was that the King didn’t tell them what to do :thinking:

1 Like

19 Likes

Mothers Against Greg Abbott PAC running this ad against the Texas Governor . . .

11 Likes

Fuck that makes scary reading !