Terms / phrases that need to fuck straight off

Such a fucking con is “investors in people”. My last company did it and changed nothing, people still didn’t do appraisals or train people.

1 Like

It’s not for that, it’s so they can have the certificate to say that they have accreditation, which sounds great externally but actually means precisely fuck all.

2 Likes

“Granularity” seems to be dropped into every second sentence these days… Detail??!

“meteoric rise”

When did you last see a meteor rise ? They do pretty much the exact opposite.

VB

4 Likes

‘Care package’ :roll_eyes:

1 Like
5 Likes

TBH it’s a slightly worrying name for an aircraft too. Of course with the military you just order the pilot to get in and man up.

VB

I seem to remember reading that they killed a lot of young pilots. If one engine went they were extremely difficult to control.

‘Box ticking’ can have one.

They probably made crap gliders, otherwise if you had enough height I suppose you might turn the other engine off and try to get it down onto a field.

VB

I suspect that they just spun very rapidly

Not much more than 24 hours ago:

:grin:

1 Like

Doh… :grinning:

Another 2 that generally annoy me, miserable old fart that I am:
“He gave it 110%!”
“Emotional Rollercoaster” - it appears that the only metaphor associated with any sort of emotion is a rollercoaster. I suggest folks should say from now on: “My emotions were up and down like a dog’s dick”.

1 Like

This can get to feck. It should be either

"up and down like a bride’s nightie”

or

"up and down like a fiddler’s elbow”

Anything else can get in the sea…:slight_smile:

Makes me think of Bill Hick’s “quivering rabbit nostril” :joy:

1 Like

Any phrase that contains the words “dog’s dick”, especially when used in conjunction with “lipstick” are fine by me.

get real what bride wears a nightie? in fact what partner wears a nightie?

ftfy

or is it draws? :thinking:

Agreed. That one can fuck right off and keep going.

1 Like