The all-new shiny cockpunch thread

That’s the purpose in my line of questioning. If it’s not part of the formal company process for managing sickness and absenteeism, and is instead a more employee pastoral care purposed meeting (whether real or just window dressed as such), then the company will say it is ‘not appropriate’ for a TU rep to be there on that basis.

Basic fact finding -

1. What is the purpose of the meeting?
  2. Does it fall within formal company procedures?
  3. Who are the proposed attendees?
  4. What are the potential outcome scenarios of the meeting (typically not this specific case)?

Lol, people who don’t understand the difference between TCP/IP and HTTP(S) (most “developers” in my experience) :rofl:

It’s worrying that a “security architect” doesn’t appear to know the difference. :skull:

He’s actually the head of Information Security but according to LinkedIn has been doing security for the last 4 years with the oldest certification being 2019

This is what happens when the Civil Service offer 2nd line support desk salaries for ‘head of’ roles.

It’s fucking bonkers, they outsource stuff on £2+ million per year contracts when a team of 10 costing less than £1million per year could easily support it (and more)

And breathe…

These days public sector bean-counters like having the option of shedding staff when they feel like it. Even though there are some roles which it will never actually be possible to get rid of.

1 Like

Tell me about it sigh

To be honest, the level of apparent incompetent behaviour means I’m not sure… One could be forgiven for wondering if they make it up as they go…

I reckon most outsource contracts (frequently drawn up by US lawyers) make that harder than canning permanent staff now.

CP to myself for putting 1.6 litres of Petrol into my car.

Wouldn’t be a problem except that my car runs on Diesel !

I lined up with the Diesel pumps, then selected the Premium Petrol- shares the same brand name as the Premium Diesel- and wondered why the thing was so clean. And that it didn’t fit properly.

Then the light came on. Oh fuck!

So CP to me for all that. Thankfully car runs fine.

the solvent will fuck all the lubrication, even if it runs fine I’d syphon the tank and brim it with diesel anyway.

1 Like

I was once told that if you put a lot of petrol in a diesel car it obv won’t work.

But if you put a little petrol in it will still run but could combust under pressure causing damage inside the cylinders. Not certain that is true but worth asking someone who knows.

1 Like

She’s a tough old girl; last time I did this- loads of family amd work stuff going on- I put six litres of Petrol in and then had to top up with Diesel at the end of every journey for about seven days.

She was reluctant to start, and was rather lumpy but that all cleared and over 50,000 miles later, still runs.

She’ll be reet.

:sunglasses:

1 Like

You can generally get away with up to 7.5% petrol in diesel with no detrimental effects.
I would brim the car and use it.

4 Likes

There must be a case for corporate manslaughter here. They need to start prosecuting landlords and HAs for poor living conditions as they currently know/think they can get away with murder.

Awaab Ishak’s father repeatedly raised the issue with Rochdale Boroughwide Housing (RBH) but no action was taken.

Delivering a narrative conclusion, the Manchester North senior coroner said ventilation in the one-bedroom flat was not effective.

“This was a direct contributing factor in the development of the mould,” Ms Kearsley said.

“It is acknowledged by RBH and I find as a matter of fact that a more proactive response should have been taken to treat the mould which was present.”

Didn’t the Tories vote for not making landlords ensure that homes are fit for human habitation?

3 Likes

That’s the puppy.

But I absolutely agree with Chris that this should be a corporate manslaughter case. And some of the mental anguish tenants go through should qualify as torture too

1 Like

If you’re going to try and scam me at least run it through an online spelling and grammar check first

IAM MRS Melissa Kouame do Reino Unido

IAM MRS Melissa Kouame from United Kingdom .I married to Mr Kouame
from Toronto Canada who worked with Canadian Embassy here in Cote
d’Ivoire for nine years before he died in the year 2015, I have a
donation for charity work For you the sum of $4.5 Million as God have
located you to carry out his will so let the will of God be done be
fast in getting back to me, because am very sick, Having known my
condition, God bless you, Always put me in your prayer Your sister in
Christ Mrs.Melissa Kouame
i will send you more details as soon as i hard from you

The poor spelling and grammar is a deliberate attempt to weed out most people i.e. those who are smart enough to be able to spell and to write grammatically.

The scammers’ initial mail-shot is essentially cost-free to them, but for everyone who replies they have to pay for follow-up effort. The sad fact is that, unless the scam is sophisticated, it’s easiest to scam the vulnerable (mostly those who are not mentally sharp in one way or another). So the scammers are best off if they can eliminate the savvy at the ‘cost-free’ stage of the operation. Dodgy spelling and grammar does that.

As said above, the mails are designed so the most gullible self select themselves for the scam.
Reliable figures are not really available but one Lagos based scam operator has said that he gets a reply rate of about 1%
However of those that reply he has a 70% success rate of getting money out of them

SWMBO Claire can have one.

Watching Bangers and Cash Restoring Classics.

They’ve bought a Raleigh tricycle called a Winkie to do up. Then they showed a collection of Choppers.

I said “I used to have a Chopper”

She said “Yeah, but you’ve only got a Winkie now.”

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

20 Likes