The all-new shiny cockpunch thread

Glad to hear it. Was thinking they might’ve gone out of fashion.

1 Like

And Nice Bank Lady’s manager has also done a follow-up call to check that MiL is OK, understood what had happened, and to drop a bit of a hint that wife should probably have third-party signing on her account.

I know this level of service is probably cheaper than covering fraudulent withdrawals, but I’m bloody impressed.

This is Ulster Bank, part of NatWest, RBS etc.

13 Likes

Sounds like you need to set up POA for one or all of the coven and take acess away from MIL.
Even if you don’t need it right now get POA organised before you need it.

3 Likes

Yes, I’m pretty certain that all that exists, but hasn’t been registered with the office of the public guardian yet.

Third party signing is much lighter touch but disproportionately useful.

I’ve been through this whole cycle with my mother.

3 Likes

Fron Nice Bank Lady to incompetent fuckwits

2 Likes

Excellent, you’ve got the thread thoroughly back on topic. Cockpunches all-round!

2 Likes

Tom Hunt can have a boot to the goolies for being a insufferable right wing no neck pig. Listening to him on Politics Live at lunchtime has left a bad taste in the mouth. The worst kind of Tory. He makes Jonathan Gullis seem like a reasonable person.

5 Likes

My home insurers can have one.

Just a 75% increase on last year’s premium :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Obviously we’ve never made a claim.

1 Like

Has the house next door developed big cracks, or is there an arsonist working his/her way along the street ?

No, I thought not.

Phoned them up. The woman read from a script about why prices have gone up and then flatly refused to alter it :man_shrugging:

The numbers are clearly across the board - it’s a straight 75.00%, it’s not like this changed a bit and that changed a bit, a committee has met and they sucked a number out of their thumb.

2 Likes

Care to name and shame?

LV

1 Like

Thanks. I’m relieved it’s not my insurer. I’m expecting a big rise when my renewal is due next month. When I took out the policy three years ago the premium was frozen for three years. I shudder to think what percentage increase they will apply.

1 Like

We are insured with them. I’ll look forward to the LOLprice premium increase that is obviously coming my way.

Have you got any other quotes?

Not yet. This renewal only just came in. I’m going to have to shop around a bit.

1 Like

You must shop around.
Legal & General doubled my premium last year.
Instead went on Go Compare and halved it.
Insurers are taking the piss.

2 Likes

It seems the only way to deal with insurance companies is to ask to be put through to cancellation dept every 12 months
They obviously bank on a large percentage of people who just accept the new rates each year.

It’s tiresome,but seems the only way to play the game

1 Like

When I have to phone and tell them I don’t want to renew, they ask “would you like me to tell you how much we can do it for?” I say no thanks and they seem really surprised. CUNTZ!

3 Likes

Spot-on :+1:

They really could not possibly care less about your business - you are punished for remaining loyal!

It’s not uncommon for the exact same provider to pop-on GC or whatever with a quote massively less than the renewal you’ve just been offered!

2 Likes