The Football

Juve did what they needed to & were too canny by far to let Utd back in.

Lukaku looks very out of sorts at the moment. No threat at all. You do wonder what effect the World Cup is having on some of the players & not just at Utd.

Lukaku has been half the player since Sanchez arrived, perhaps he feels that Sanchez will nick his starting spot or something.

We were pretty lucky to get only 1-0, our defending and midfield were terrible on the whole, only Shaw looked any good.

Lindelof just doesn’t know where to position himself at this level, he looks a Championship level player all at sea.

I still think we should be playing Bailly or Jones instead of him as Rojo is injured. Smalling / Jones may not be perfect, but fuck me they are a much better partnership than Smalling / Lindelof.

This was a match for Darmian at right back surely? Young doesn’t look comfortable there.

Really disappointed in the form of Pogba and Matic, Pogba is not a defensive midfield player, he doesn’t have the concentration, he should have been played instead of Mata at 10. Let Matic do defensive midfield with Fred a little further up.

The good points are that Rashford, Shaw, De Gea and Martial looked good in spite of Jose’s tactics.

I think De Gea, Pogba and Martial will leave if Jose stays. They seem to be delaying signing, waiting to see who is next.

Mata’s legs (he was never fast) look to have slowed a bit too much.

1 Like

I did not think Lindelof was your worst defender and Martial needs to track back. The highlight for me was Jose auditioning for James Bond.:sunglasses:

Liking the noisy PSV fans.

Glenn Hoddle - “If they could just get the equaliser, they’d be back in this game.”

Paying the big money for insights like that.

He’s a complete tosser and contributes zero to the commentary.

How many times does Lloris fuck up by coming out of his area?

Ref’s had a shitter of a game. Never a red card.

What a fucking pass from Shaqiri.

1 Like

Great pass, good strike too, but why did the keeper dive out of the way of it? I reckon if he’d stood still it would have hit him in the mush :smiley:

When they’re out of touch, nearly all goalscorers resort to hitting it as hard as they can. Seems to be working for Salah.

1 Like

Shaqiri looks like the bargain of the season.

1 Like

RL-C having a decent night.

Great to see some proper football after the dullness of the champions league.

2 Likes

Yep. Always loved watching Sunday League footy.

giphy%20(8)

Is it a good match?

Not really. Bate are shite and it’s a bit like a friendly tbh

1 Like

Utd are making every effort to get into this competition after christmas.

2 Likes

Good chance of an all Prem final.
Arse v Spurs would be fun.