The Football

I think you are mixing him up with Old King Cole, who after calling for his pipe, bowl and fiddlers called for the popular musician and demanded she tattooed her arse cheeks with flowers under pain of death. :+1:

1 Like

Didnā€™t last long though, so under performed there as well.

Ranieri to Fulham.

I remember someone ringing in to 606 raving about this 14 year old kid called Joe Cole and how he was going to be a superstar. Canā€™t believe that was 24 years ago !

Could have been great in a tiki take team.

Itā€™s not often I agree with Stan Cauliflower, but -

7 Likes

He often talked a lot of sense when he was on talk sport. Had a bit of a personal crusade about ticket prices.
This at a time when 15 of the championship clubs want to form a breakaway / cut adrift leagues 1 and 2.
Football is fucked.

He also has a massive chip on his shoulder about not landing TV pundit jobs, claiming itā€™s because heā€™s black although itā€™s probably more to do with him knocking Ulrika Johnson around.

1 Like

Agreed. For a footballer , heā€™s very articulate though. And what a footballer. Had his demons but he had everything in his game.

What? Thereā€™s no lack of representation on the BBC, off the top of my head, Garth Crooks, Ian Wright, Andy Cole, Ruud Gullit, Jermaine Jenas, and I think Dion Dublin at one point too. Also someone on the Womenā€™s football (not meaning to be dismissive or ignorant, but Iā€™m not that interestedā€¦)

Dunno about the other channels, not allowed to have Sky Sports.

Garth Crooks. To think my licence fee pays towards that cocks salary. What a complete cunt he is. Annoys the fuck out of me.

3 Likes

The most asinine pundit ever to grace the airwaves. Been stealing a living for years.

2 Likes

Thinking about it ,
Lump Lineker , Shearer , lawrenson in with Crooks too. Heā€™s the worst though. Annoys the fuck out of me. And I only came on to read the brexit thread. Now Iā€™m going to bed angry , thinking about that cunt Crooks.

1 Like

Itā€™s his haughtiness that pisses me off. Utterly kickinthefaceable

I often look at Garthā€™s ā€˜Team of the Weekā€™ then daydream elaborate ways to criminally avoid paying my license fee.

I used to look at that, but I got better.

I wasnā€™t making a judgement on his, or any others, ability as a pundit, was just sayin.

Oh, and add Les Ferdinand to the list too.

All pundits are twats, even Danny Murphy, goes with the territory.

3 Likes

Oh so this is the rule break you dullards are bothered aboutā€¦?

Old news.

Nice strike from Lingard

1 Like