The Milk Float Thread

And on a whole different level we had one of these

https://www.ecollectrcv.co.uk/
picking up our garden bin this morning.

2 Likes

There’s two on test in Milton Keynes. Slightly disappointed to find they are no quieter operationally than the ordinary ones; the notion of STEALTH BINS will have to wait.

From the early test drives on YT, looks like it will be a pretty special car when it’s launched. Consumption figures seem excellent for such a massive lump. Huge range (for an EV). S-Class comfort levels.

1 Like

And in further adventures in commercial EV, I ended up talking through stuff (ZapMap, charger types, charging rate in miles/hr) with someone who has been given a Kangoo ZE33 van by their company. They were trying to charge up on the 3kW Tesco charger, the display was saying 8 hours charge time remaining and he needed to get to Cov.

No DC charging on it which, given that it is presumably based on the Zoe, is a little surprising.

1 Like

I think it’s an option on the Zoe. I struggle to understand how anyone could sell a car without the ability to charge fully in under half a working day.

2 Likes

It’s equally nuts that it’s an option and someone didn’t select it.

2 Likes

This is a great video with some classic dad comments :slight_smile:

It does go to show how easy it’s becoming to run one of these in the real world.

2 Likes

Enjoyed that thanks, and learnt a few things too.

We are off up to Scotland in a couple of weeks in our new milk float, not really looking forward to having to plan around charge points, but hopefully we can turn them into opportunities to rest and relax a little.

How far is your journey?

250 miles, we need one partial recharge along the way, a full recharge before heading back, and a partial recharge on the way back. Should be fine :crossed_fingers: :laughing:

Doddle

should be, but only had car a week so this will be an experience building opportunity :rofl:

Do you have rapid charge?

What’s the car ?

Audi e-tron, we should be fine

Thirsty car but a charging monster if you get it on a 150kW+ charger.

I’m getting 5.5 miles per KW from the Hyundai.