The Milk Float Thread

I think the Ioniq is still the most efficient EV out there. It just pips the Model 3 SR+.

we have a 55 with 95 kWh battery which has a CCS which can work up to 150 kW if we want to pay Ionity or E.on drive for the privilege

1 Like

Nice motor!

its v nice, and after stepping out of an 8 year old diesel BMW its like we left the industrial age and entered the space age

4 Likes

Exactly how I feel. Every time I get back in our Beemer it feels like driving an antique :smiley:

3 Likes

I tried to explain this a while back.

I don’t want my four series any more. I don’t look at any cars the same way now.
My whole outlook has completely changed. You can discount it as being a fanboi… or you can appreciate it isn’t just me!
It’s not even confirmation bias, it’s just a mind shift.

1 Like

10/10 would buy

12 Likes

Ohhhhhh hello

Will watch this at lunch time :+1: anyone want a Zoe?

very cool!

Sign me up!

The tipping point is closer.

I’m sat in the sun arranging 100s of cds to put into my newly placed shelves (@catcando they are finally in the place I wanted).
Listening to traffic noise in the city. I wonder what it will be like when it’s gone.

unfortunately it won’t be gone.

Above about 30 km/h it is the tyre/road interface which dominates noise emission, below it is dominated by engine and powertrain noise, however the Muricans have forced all new EV/HV motors to be fitted with AVAS artificial noise emitters due to evidence of people getting knocked over in car parks.

All new EV/HV brought to market after July 2019, and all vehicles registered from July 2021, must be fitted with AVAS which emits sound up to 20 km/h, or about 12 mp/h, which cannot be defeated, however with many cars the user can select the sound, which could be interesting.

Don’t kill my dream?

It’s going to be better. Whatever.

Yeah it’s a real candidate for me tbh, once this lease finishes. As far as I can tell, the only things it doesn’t have that I might want are (1) panoramic glass roof, and (2) Tesla supercharging. I suspect that I will be able to live without both of these things though.

It’s a good review - he’s right in that the range needed for an EV to eliminate range anxiety is about 250 miles. That allows you to fast charge up to 80% and be able to have a decent range of 150 miles without getting freaked out by going below 20%.

The launch version does have a solar roof though and while it’s almost certainly a gimmick, is also cool af.

I want to see one with a wackier light interior.

1 Like

I wonder if the government will start to tax any charger over 100kW to recoup their lost fuel tax. A quid per kWh anyone? :rofl:

Err…

pfft, Ionity’s payg rates aren’t far off that now :smiley:

Have an i3 on loan while the ironic is in for repair. I love it. Wifey hates it.

1 Like