The Milk Float Thread

Could the 0 to 60 time of 3.2 seconds be a factor?

3 Likes

What could go wrong?

Probably but other similarly quick cars with even higher speeds and in gear acceleration are half the cost.

My mate has a Tesla. His insurance is more than his previous M5 but the performance of the Tesla leaves the Beemer standing, he said its due to Tesla being a smaller outfit with higher repair costs and only certain places will work on them. That said heā€™s had it a while now and absolutely loves it, so do I frankly.
Oh and nothing is quicker. Nothing.

Up to 100 maybe. And until the battery overheats and you have to wait an hour for it to cool down usually after the third run or so. :rofl:

4 Likes

Now in any shape you want

5 Likes

Mmmmm electric Matra.

2 Likes

Can you make a Tesla engine rust?

Tesla engine? If you mean motor I assume itā€™s aluminium.

The Matra I have is a fibreglass body on a galvanised chassis, no rust.

Just the rear trailing arms have suffered on mine :weary: Ā£800 each for new ones :sob:

Canā€™t you 3d print some? :thinking:

1 Like

I could probably cnc some. Doesnā€™t mean they would work :grin:

2 Likes

I might go and test drive a Model 3 Performance, mainly because I hate myself.
Their calculation for ā€œSavingsā€ is quite conservative: Fuel Ā£1.31/l and 16.5p/kWh.

My electricity is 12.5p/kWh.

3 Likes

Can you get to Anfield and back on a charge ?

Electric cars charging from mains => the return of Economy 7(*). We would if the idiots who built our house hadnā€™t run next doorsā€™ feed as a pre meter loop from ours rather than having a separate supply.

(*) or a dynamic pricing option like Octopus.

Edit: currently only have a single rate non-smart meter.

It says range is 329 miles. Anfield and back is 240 so it should be within the lies margin.

My main issue is the interior quality. It looks pretty plasticky, but 0-60 in 3.2seconds might overcome.

4 Likes

Quicker than Ernie :open_mouth:

1 Like

Been watching videos of it trouncing RS4s and M3s over the quarter mile.

1 Like

Which probably reduces the ā€˜rangeā€™ by 200 miles :grinning:

Seriously, if it was a practical proposition for me, Iā€™d have one in a heartbeat.

How many KWh to charge it?

I think that there are real questions about Tesla build quality - from what I read, there are many little things that go wrong with them. But youā€™re not likely to suffer serious problems. Internal quality might not be the best, but I do love the idea of everything being on the screen, with no clutter.

While I wonder where Tesla will be in ten years, when other manufacturers are there with their battery and electric tech, I do think it will be that long before they catch up.

If I had Ā£40k to spend on a new car, I would definitely get a Tesla.