The Milk Float Thread

Pricing has gone berserk based on some recent quotes I’ve seen. Probably 75% more than I paid for mine as an example.

Yep, but domestic energy prices have gone up what…300% in the last year. So, paying (say) £10k-£15k for a pv/battery system that met all our needs in summer and maybe 33% in winter, would still pay for itself in about 5/6 years, no?

I just asked E.on to re-quote, and the price has risen 60% in 18 months, and time to install from acceptance is now around 8 to 9 months :crazy_face:

he who hesitates etc etc etc :roll_eyes:

I have no idea why, but the Ioniq’s range has increased by around 8-10 miles over the last couple of weeks, strange but welcome :grin:

1 Like

Oddly, the MG has improved substantially over the same period (34 miles @ 14%. Compared to 20%)

Curious.

How queer :thinking:

I’m assuming it’s temperature related.

1 Like

But it wasn’t the same pre heatwave. The current temperatures aren’t out of the ordinary.

1 Like

Have you taken your wallet out of the car? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

What is this wallet of which you speak? :thinking: Today I actually had 72 litres of cider in the boot on the outward journey to Builth Wells

2 Likes

Yes. It’s all a bit weird. Good Weird. But weird none the less.

1 Like

Wallets are for old men and newbies.

I would imagine you would be more of a gold money clip man :smiley:

1 Like

Dealer

1 Like

I’m like the Queen. I never carry cash :+1:

Or a mule

The Wife is really keen on an EV now, especially after seeing her Brothers new Kia EV6 at the weekend.
To start with, we have booked a test drive of the EV6, Ioniq 5 and BMW i4.

Coming from my 330i, I’m quite interested to try the i4 (40 model, not the M50)

Not sure if this warrants inclusion in the milk float thread but the wife went to test drive a Tucson PHEV last weekend. They had a cancelled order for the spec and colour she wanted so she takes delivery at the end of the month. Theoretically she should be able to run it in MF mode for her while weekly commute and charge it about twice a week. We’ll see.

1 Like

I like the sound of MuthaFucka mode.

6 Likes

Mrs Craig’s coming home with a Polestar 2 today.

Quite looking forward to this

9 Likes