The Milk Float Thread

Oh look, a Tesla firepost in general circulation again.

And I may have found a good reason not to have a Polestar.
https://www.bowerswilkins.com/en-gb/collaborations/polestar

Water is not the thing for a petrol/diesel car fire.
Nor is it good for a lithium battery fire.
Once established, the heat is immense, water on it will create hydrogen. Also flammable!

New solutions required?

Scoop it up and dump it on Elonā€™s front driveā€¦

The polestar 1 is one of the best looking EVs out there at the moment, I could forgive the B&W shite if I was offered one for free :slight_smile:

1 Like

It really is an incredible looking thing. Not objectively good at anything given itā€™s price, other than looking hnnnnnng pretty. Definitely one for my multi-millionaires garage.

1 Like

Donā€™t know why they donā€™t make it available at a reasonable price, the 2 is good as an EV but itā€™s pretty fugly.

Apparently they both use the same Volvo subframe (they both still have the transmission tunnel inside) so it should be possible to drop the body from a 1 onto a 2.

Much like mobile phones vs land lines, the best thing for developing countries is quite probably not what the ā€œdevelopedā€ world did 30 years ago.

6 Likes

Must admit, I would have a G-Wagen* in a heartbeat

*But an ICE version

*not quite in that livery

*It would need to coincide with a lottery win

*Iā€™m never going to own one, am I

3 Likes

I have promised both @coco and @PapaLazarou that I will buy them one each if I won a ā€˜buy your own airforceā€™ style Euromillions win and I could add you to the list too. You have to remember that Iā€™m a simply colossal twat though so so you might think youā€™re going to get one of the stylish new 4.0 jobs and instead get THIS.

Donā€™t worry though, Pete would get THIS ONE because it would be just perfect for on street parking in his village and he would know that selling his present would make me sad so heā€™d have to hold on to it :+1:.

2 Likes

:smiley:

Gold is OK, Iā€™m quite sure it will be a different shade after a month up here :rofl:

1 Like

I have always been baffled by the popularity of the G-wagen. Back in the 60s, the farmer who had a Merc saloon was persuaded to try one and it was in no way superior the Land Rover we were using, despite being reassuringly expensive.
Even off road it was good but not better, on road it shared the uncomfortable, noisy inefficient progress of all its ilk.

5 Likes

Never associate suitability, superiority or practicality with transport choices on this forum.

The G-Wagen is more about saying fuck you planet. Itā€™s a mindset thing really!

1 Like

Years ago when working for PQ Iā€™d have regular use of his SWB G Wagen. Indeed Gill & I drove away from our wedding reception in it with a load of kippers stuck under the bonnet. :face_vomiting:

I think it was a 3L diesel & hopelessly thirsty with it. I also borrowed it to take family members over to a wedding in Paderborn & again crippling expense & a terrible bouncy ride.

Itā€™s only redeeming feature was the fun you could have with it up on the South Downs in the snow, trying & failing to get it stuck anywhere.

I might be mistaken but wasnā€™t the design from someone else & Mercedes adopted it as they decided they needed a 4x4 Range Rover competitor? Or am I imagining that?

1 Like

Steyr Puch in Austria iirc.

2 Likes

Save some money.

4 Likes

Sadly, close to unobtainable. I wanted a new one when they came out, best the dealer could offer was a slightly used one for Ā£30k - vastly more than RRP! Then they stopped importing them, having sold very few. :frowning_face:

AIUI, this was because they failed revised emissions regs. If so, a milkfloat lash up of it could sell like the blazes.

1 Like