The Milk Float Thread

The model Y, protecting St Albans from Turan fallout since 2023.

3 Likes

Hopefully I’ll be testing it in the not too distant…:joy:

Now that it’s judged over 75 miles on the odometer, some comments:

I really like it, and I’m really happy with the decision to get this over the MG. The whole family love it as well.

It’s much better to drive than the Hyundai. The one pedal driving system is far superior (the Hyundai would release the regeneration at low speeds so you don’t actually come to a stop). All round vision is far better.

It’s enormous. No need to shunt seats forward to accommodate the increasing large children in the back. Enough room for large adults. The boot is also huge, so we just took some furniture to a local charity and still could easily fit in a child and dog.

The acceleration is enough to earn a stern warning from Claire. Didn’t need a faster one!

9 Likes

Remember that Supercharging now has ToU pricing, when you’re heading for a top up.

What’s that?

The first charge I did was at a busy supercharger, and it was only 45p/kWh

If you click on a charger on the map it should show you there is different pricing for peak and off-peak times.

Oh yeah seen that. Only going to got a busy one on a journey, and there’s no choice then anyway.

They are cheaper than most non Tesla super fast chargers.

They also bill on kW delivered to the car, rather than kW delivered at the ‘pump’ (which all 3rd party chargers do). It’s quite significant because the delta is usually around 10-12%

1 Like

Damn these are getting tempting.

2 Likes

One Johnnycab in accountant grey please. :rofl:

7 Likes

Mmmmm MK1 Espace tesla conversion? Yes please.

We already have one motoring horrors thread.

Upside down skip with wheels added

2 Likes

And no rental available In London

Just briefly read the first theft of Tesla that I have seen at work, they followed the driver who put their phone down at a cafe, distraction theft stole the phone and then used that to take the car.

Very organised, knew where to drive to avoid ANPR etc.
No idea what they did with the car/phone to avoid tracking, as I wasn’t on the job.

Won’t look good on the stats, did it get marked down as “loss of mobile phone plus accessories” rather than TWOC :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sus act, cad closed.

Tbh don’t know, but should be twoc, wonder if it was nicked for spare parts or to be sold on

Couldn’t the phone be tracked?

Cell site wouldn’t be authorised unless it was a life or death situation. As to the phone owner, sure and they could call it in, but would need to get home to use a computer to do it I assume without their phone. Either way enough time to deal with that and turn it off/stop it.

Assuming here as didn’t deal with the job.

1 Like

We use the drive pin on ours.
Stops any chancers.
The phone won’t work as a key unless the app is open, which would be another issue.