The Reading Room

Could I claim the 4th one please Dave? Coincidentally, I was just about to order it for going on my hols next week.

Certainly, just PM your address

1 Like

This was really very good. Poor chap was doing PR for Echo and the Bunnymen, Julian Cope/Teardrop Explodes and Bill Drummond/KLF at the same time(along with half the Creation roster. Kind of mad way to earn a living…

1 Like

I know Andrew Cartmel - known him for years - used to be Dr Who editor - has bought loads of vinyl from me over the years. He likes valve amps, Tom Evans phono stages and ESL57 speakers - oh and cats (but nobody’s perfect) . But I didn’t know about the books as been out of touch since moving house. Must get a copy or ask him for a freebie. Thanks for heads up.

Can I claim the other one no 3 please Dave…

Of course - I’ll take it along on Aug 3rd

Was:

Then:

Cheers @octh

And just about to finish:

No books left and a week of hols still to go…:scream:

Emjoying re-reading some CH, I enjoy his thought provoking views and often find myself drifting off mid paragraph. I really enjoy watching various YouTube clips whilst on the exercise bike, would loved to have had the opportnity to meet him. Taken too soon, we need public intellectuals like him to stimulate and challenge public debate.

1 Like

If you liked Cloud Atlas

1 Like

SY475

Bought this at the airport this morning and finished it as we touched down at our destination. It was better than I expected it to be, and is a candid story of a soldier’s mental health struggles.

1 Like

just bought this

Seems appropriate as the route of their walk will cover some of road trip in the next few weeks

You flew through that then…:grinning:

2 Likes

Holiday read #2. Part 1.of 4.

Any good? I need a new book and a series would be ideal.

Only 100 pages in, but seems promising :+1:

1 Like

On book 2 now.