The shit that does merit its own thread

We don’t have a ‘Waking-nightmares’ thread, so I’ll just leave this here -

My main memory of Latin was having to learn

Labienus shot an arrow into the camp of the Belgians

The Belgians did not like Labienus

But not being allowed to translate

Which was hardly surprising because the bastard kept shooting arrows into their camp.

1 Like

But it all paid off in the end :+1:

Absolutely. I grew up to be simultaneously an astronaut, a lion tamer and prime minister, and it still wasn’t good enough :laughing:

2 Likes

Caesar adsum jam forte. Brutus aderat.
Caesar sic in omnibus. Brutus sic enat.

Think this must be a nationwide thing as 6 people including myself have all received tickets in the last 8 weeks on roads we have used for years.

Have my speed awareness course next week

Where were you caught?

From Mutley to manadon roundabout

Someone said there are average speed cameras,can only see one plus the fixed one

These?

There’s also a pair high up as you go in towards the city past Home Park (Alma Rd) that got me a while back. I don’t think they’re average speed though

They look like average speed cameras to me. If they are there’s normally a sign.

2 Likes

They are. And a camera can only cover one lane.
If you see two they have both lanes sorted.
Often, you can use the inside lane if you only see one as they always point to the faster lane in the carriageway.
That’s why motorways have banks of three.

1 Like

I got busted at 33 a few years ago. Don’t go over 30 since then.

They should set the limit to the actual speed limit, especially in London. Nothing more amusing than an angry cabby l.

Maybe everyone should stick to the speed LIMITS. It’s a maximum NOT a challenge.

3 Likes

I often use the speed limiter in my car, especially if I’m driving in unfamiliar 30 limits. It’s easy to lose track of speed when there’s a lot else to concentrate on.

2 Likes

Me too, I set it to the “satnav speed”.

I’m old fashioned, I just follow the posted speed limits😁

4 Likes

It’s (almost) always worked for me, 1 speeding ticket in 50 years of driving.

4 Likes

Trist got one for his morning from that Alma road stretch
I’ve just seen the 2nd average speed camera on the way home,it’s very close to the fixed one. Slippery gits

Yes that one,the other looks like it’s opposite the old petrol station as you come down to the roundabout

1 Like

Indeed, not speeding seems to be the obvious solution here.

A friend of mine’s just been banned after accumulating 12 point in 3 years for minor shit. Now he’s screwed.

1 Like