The shit that does merit its own thread

I did wonder. Still, if it puts one gun wielding c**t off then it’d be worth it.

2 Likes

Random memory this evening after seeing this picture

of my mate going to see The Damned down the road from school.

He sat in the bushes watching “Jock” the chemistry teacher check the queue for pupils and then came out (so to speak) once he’d gone.

I didn’t fancy paying the money for a band I wasn’t really in to, but he had bought a ticket for one of the girls who worked in the kitchens.

It all sounds a bit Victorian when you say it out loud.

4 Likes

Jock’s widow ended up as my mother’s neighbour.

And mate now (as far as I can tell from the internet) makes expensive lures for big game fish.

2 Likes

Meanwhile BiL appears to have successfully sold his old apartment after a deep clean following the meth-head tenants. Something to do with solvents apparently :man_shrugging:

I’m definitely getting old. I keep seeing adverts for headline acts I’ve never even heard of, much less have an opinion on.

I mean, he’s headlining Hyde Park but who even is this berk?

5 Likes

Maybe you’re too young for this type of music? He’s an American country singer.

1 Like

Ah, so not actually music then.

Phew! For a minute I thought I was losing my touch.

5 Likes

Country and Western
I’m sorry I’m a tad deaf, who did you say was from Preston ?

Actual this given the poster.
images

If Morgan Allen doesn’t know which way he is pointing (see hat), how will he find the microphone?

A (much younger) mate wore his hat that way round on a golf course last summer, I thought some of the older members were going to have an apoplexy. There were mutterings of ‘letters to the committee’ and ‘standards’.

In the bar afterwards they will be complaining about how the club is failing to attract younger members.

4 Likes

“Reality” show country singer. NO!

My late Dad called it “Some cunt from Weston”. I have no idea why.

5 Likes

https://www.jazz-flute.com/2013/11/craigslist-posting-for-a-piccolo/
I am sure this bit of internet archaeology has been on here before but any opportunity to link to @htm_1968’s favourite website has to be taken.

Was interesting to listen to this yesterday. Not shocked to be honest. Some harrowing stories:

I’ve long believed that this concept is all about ticking boxes and making money rather than helping employees.

1 Like

Ours can’t offer any medical advice, nor can they refer to therapists. That’s true box ticking for you.

Essentially they are only ever as good as the employer that set them up.

Pure tokenism in every case, and worryingly ‘data-porous’ from my sole experience.

1 Like