The shit that does merit its own thread

I dont recall them either, but I did have a few of these

Type2
image

image

nice catalogue here:
http://www.c-90.org/catalogue/tapes/Teac/Teac%20Cobalt/0

1 Like
4 Likes

7 Likes

I remember going in there as a kid with my Nan who used to like to walk up to Southbourne or Pokesdown to shop, and she’s been dead since 1998!

My smartwatch app thingy apparently designated last nights time on the sofa watching the IPL as sleep including some deep sleep time.

Do I get meatman points for this?

5 Likes

I can see both sides of the argument about that Ad, but if it has got us talking then in some ways it has done its job.
At work we have partnered with the Alzheimer’s Society on a number of things (Vascular Dementia being a major heart related issue)
When my Dad had dementia and I found certain things really difficult this video was fantastic at helping me understand what was going on.
I recommend it to everyone so have probably posted it on here previously!

2 Likes

Neighbours having message timeout wars on the WhatsApp group :laughing:

One faction views messages as ephemeral, the other is high-ceremony where you sit down and go through them every few days.

edited for phone numbers, even though they don’t deserve it

Who do they think they are?
Cabinet Ministers?

3 Likes

Many industries like this, I reckon…

3 Likes

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/04/08/europe/chechnya-music-ban-scli-intl/index.html
Bad news for Chechen gabba techno DJs.

And conductors of Shostakovich slow movements to be fair.

Can I appeal to the extensive knowledge of 80s cartoon shovelware on here? A friend has discovered some toys in their loft, and we can’t place this one and are lacking in collective google fu.
IMG-20240409-WA0005

I know absolutely nothing about 80s cartoon shovelware but my google fu is top drawer.

It’s a 1981 Mattel Master of the Universe Mer-man He-Man

3 Likes

Otters doing Otter things in Cheltenham:

3 Likes

U_WOT_M8

:joy:

8 Likes

:roll_eyes: Any opportunity.

1 Like

Oh come that was just begging for it.

2 Likes

I fucking love that gif. It has been downloaded and shared many times! :otter:

2 Likes