The shit that does merit its own thread

I’m more impressed you found an otter emoji :grinning:

2 Likes

Mildly scenic route back via St Paul’s and the Blackfriar.

Loads of very elderly couples in full bib and tucker around, on their way back from the Apothecaries Hall. No idea what was going on there.

12 Likes

Stunning route home

First night this year I’ve wanted to do anything other than get home as fast as possible :laughing:

It’s been about 20C here today, and is still pleasant and clear.

2 Likes

Spent a fair few Friday afternoons in that pub. Brilliant old boozer but always rammed when I’ve been in. Don’t think we ever managed to get a seat.

1 Like

Watched this video; found it very interesting:

The Richard Montgomery is back in the news again

Think he might get a bit sweary over this

It was empty for decades until 2007 or so. Suspect it will end up being a few expensive apartments/houses.

Mrs S. on her way back from Florida after 12 days with the grandchildren, my peace will be shattered in 12 hours. Moans, groans and whinging inbound, I’ve missed her but in 12 hours and 5 minutes perhaps not. :roll_eyes: Plus I’ve got to negotiate Manchester airport, its tolls and road system, are there really two 6-o-clocks in one day. I know me,me,me.

1 Like

Dear whoever does the Sainsbury’s online order packing:


No.

5 Likes

Daughter being eyeballed by a gator in Florida. I hope she can run fast.

As long as she can run faster than the people who are with her she’s good.

6 Likes

Or trip someone up on the way

1975: GRAMOPHONE COLLECTOR with 13,000 RECORDS | Nationwide | Classic Music | BBC Archive https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOQt4xR6xQ4

Mount Etna’s current volcanic activity includes blowing rather eerily beautiful smoke rings:

9 Likes

This is bonkers, average for April is 8mm and they’ve had 256mm in 24hrs

Counterintuitively, you can’t drown a bumblebee*

https://royalsocietypublishing.org/doi/10.1098/rsbl.2023.0609

*or at least, hibernating queens are surprisingly flood-proof…

I must say, Robert Galbraith’s is certainly one of the more convincing transitions…

2 Likes