The shit that does merit its own thread

Siri, show me what Schadenfreude means.

images (1)

7 Likes

I fucking love this! Has brightened up my morning! :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

I think Windsor Davies may have a consoling comment on this.

5 Likes

Imagine all the people who’ve ‘invested’ in properties here if climate change brings the expected sea level rises along with more regular flooding.

image

3 Likes

The desert will reclaim what the sea doesn’t when we eventually free ourselves from the shackles of petrochemical-addiction.

Very nearly took a job on that project. Fucking glad I turned it down

Didn’t know anything about this!

Good job the dog is asleep. This bugger keeps turning up and staring through the window

20 Likes

I didn’t know how Town Gas was produced. What a great little film! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Amazing to think most towns of any size had significantly bigger works than that, plus at least one large ‘gasometer’ to store and pressurise the gas. I recall the introduction of North Sea gas, and early controversy about it because it was so pure it had no smell, so people were being killed by gas leaks and explosions until methane was added to the mix to make it smelly again. Hugely polluting process too - and lots of spectaculalrly carcinogenic chemicals produced.

2 Likes

Still stays in prison due to separate rape conviction but …

Point of order. It is not the methane that smells but rather the stenching agent that is added. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Upheld!

There is a reason Jim was able to retire at such a young age.

6 Likes

:rofl: Just waiting for my title to be changed to “stenching agent”

5 Likes

Knowing how popular spiders are in some circles, I thought this might be of interest!

1 Like

https://twitter.com/networksmanager/status/1783539020443668712?s=46

1 Like

Looks like it ends next to Carluccio’s at Dubai Marina Mall, I recall having a nice afternoon lunch sat out there a number of years ago.

1 Like

That looks a hoot :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Given how risky simply going to Dubai seems to be

I don’t imagine the ride would make things much more dangerous. Indeed you might be safer where the authorities can’t get their hands on you :smile:.

1 Like