The shit that does merit its own thread

Some amazing Leyland Motors and Leyland Bus related Technical Drawings and the working history of an extremely well respected Motor Vehicle Design Engineer:

http://www.naimad.co.uk/jmswarbrick/michael/Life%20Story/outlineworkinglife.html

1 Like

I fucking love the music on this. I wonder if it was Simon Preston playing the Pipe Organ?

I’ve found these BTF Films useful; they introduced me to the John Dankworth Orchestra and other well known ‘Modern British Jazz’ artists.

Also, it’s great to see the optimism and fashions of their times.

Subject excellent. The RP narrator is for the RIP via the guillotine when the revolution is not televised.

1 Like

What got me was the spraying of Blue Asbestos at circa 16 minutes! Wasn’t Asbestos a known hazard then?:man_facepalming:

Today in “where on earth did they dig up that bag for life from”, the full Maureen Lipman.

3 Likes

I’ve worked for them for nearly 25 years and that was long gone before I started. Must be nearly an antique.

So I travel over 1000 miles to southernmost Spain, and still I cannot escape monopodic prog flute-ism…

3 Likes

Interesting:

Never heard of this bridge !:nerd_face:

9 Likes

It’s just north of Oban, I know it well but have never heard it being described as iconic, ever!

1 Like

I am disappoint it wasn’t one of these -

And even moar disappoint there wasn’t a Wile-E-Coyote style flying-off-a-collapsed-bridge moment…

4/10

3 Likes

These guys need to be learned some fucking Signalling.:raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands:

1 Like

Saturn appearing from behind the moon filmed via a telescope here on earth by Jan Koet

15 Likes

Start a new job and find this in a box by the kitchen. Hahaha, it’s a sample from a trophy company.

7 Likes

Put it in your window to impress your neighbours or pop down to Audio T in Brighton and sell it to Julian!
He would be dribbling over that :grinning:

2 Likes

I found an old disused football pitch today when I was out walking Buddy. The pitch was made of red blaze and right in the middle was a white jobby. Took me right back to the 70’s. I still have pieces of red blaze lodged in me from when I used to play footie on such pitches. Barbaric.

3 Likes

Brings back not so fond memories of school and being forced to play football in the middle of winter with a fucking rock solid Mitre 5 ball :grimacing:

4 Likes

You could sue for the brain damage you have suffered heading the ball.

I got Alison back yesterday. Her front dampers were replaced and a couple of other bits and pieces were sorted too.

Ride and handling significantly improved. Now the mechanical bits are all sorted, I’ll get some paint and body done.

Got a great quote from the garage I use regularly.

Faircrouch Garage, Wadhurst.

11 Likes