The shit that does merit its own thread

Ahead of their time those A2’s

2 Likes

I have always admired them, and the original A-class.
There should be more of that sort of thing.

1 Like

Not too far from me :+1:

1 Like

Me neither! Possible meet up at a nearby pub some time? Always good to meet with fellow Hi Fi Forum members. :sunglasses::+1:

1 Like

255395 is a great total! Hope FoL2 can keep her A2 going as long :ok_hand: :+1:

1 Like

Now things are getting weird :thinking:

4 Likes

Manbag melt! :joy:

2 Likes

I knew of one in daily use; regularly serviced that had 400,000 miles on the clock!:scream:

1 Like

He’s rocking a whole look there that you couldn’t in your wildest dreams approach pulling off :rofl:

2 Likes

I’m not gonna deny envy plays its part… :expressionless:

3 Likes

Not much brains to damage even back then :grinning:

1 Like

Just go for it

1 Like

Ooof! T-shirt-tucked-into-jeans melt!

That is Advanced Douchebaggery!

1 Like

Every so often a story pops up in the media suggesting that one of these might make a good appetite suppressant. Here’s this month’s

I mean, heaven knows we need one. But if my experience is anything to go by ‘literally incredible’ would be a better description. Setting aside the fact that you have to inject quite a lot of this stuff reasonably deep into your stomach fat every day, the side-effects include

…decreased appetite, altered taste, nausea, vomiting, dyspepsia, burping, gastro-oesophageal reflux, constipation, diarrhoea, gallbladder disorders, headache, dizziness, drowsiness, alopecia, hyperhidrosis …

I was on a drugs trial of one of these compounds once and in principle it was placebo-controlled and double-blind. The doctor told me that this meant I wouldn’t know what I had injected. When she’d left the room the nurses said “You’ll know in 15-20 minutes if it was the GLP-1 agonist”. Too fucking right. I felt so bad I literally couldn’t get off the sofa. Every trial I’ve been on has allowed patients to leave at any stage without having to give a reason. Not many do - volunteers tend to be a gritty lot. But this was the only one where they had to build in a dose-reduction option to avoid losing those who found the full dose physically intolerable, which some certainly did.

My speakers are on castors and they sit on SDS plates which are very effective at stopping the bass energy from going into the cavity beneath the floor boards.

Anyway, I had a visitor from the council today and Buddy got a bit over-excited and nudged one of the speakers out of position. Being a bit ocd, while the guy was studying some paperwork, I got out the tape measure and re-positioned the speaker.

The chap from the council noticed and expressed his astonishment that I was using a tape measure to position my speakers. He clearly thought I was bonkers. I explained to him that most hifi enthusiasts would probably use a tape measure to position their speakers but he remained very sceptical.

So chaps, am I unusually obsessive or do some of you also use a measure to position your speakers precisely?

1 Like

So, they have not improved on a dose of billy whizz then.

:+1:

1 Like

No. Laser faff is where it is at these days

3 Likes
2 Likes

No, just do it by eye/ear

Nein

2 Likes