The Wonderful World of Turntable Design AKA: Dave's Fugly World Of TT Wank

Stick it on a minus K platform and job done!

1 Like

Which beggars the question a current non-suspended Motus plus Minus K against the suspended Motus.
Which would be better?

If I buy a Minus K it will be in the States after being quoted over Ā£3200 in this country.

The suspended one would be a good deal more compact!
The suspension system it has also seems to be quite efficient.

Are you feeling that the absence of suspension in your Clarity deck is compromising its performance? What does it stand on now?

These.

You donā€™t see many of those under electron microscopes. :grinning:

I was thinking of making my own platform using VIBe Vibe100 Super Compact Isolators by Newport Corporation.

Iā€™ve been watching these for a long time but havenā€™t been brave enough to push the button.

https://goo.gl/images/KTnmTC

I see where you are coming fromā€¦ the Madhouse.

2 Likes

Under my slate mounted SP10 (65 Kg) 4 springs do the job well enough. Itā€™s a suspended floor & I can jump up and down next to the turntable while itā€™s playing with no disturbance. I donā€™t think an earthquake would trouble it.

2 Likes

Are the springs your own design Guy?

Try some cheap car valve springs and a wooden / marble chopping board

Do it. Doooooooooooooooooo it.

2 Likes

Most of the turntables I post are for a laugh so here is my one that I have had for 5 years. Nice.

2 Likes

I worked out what the load would be for each spring & that I wanted them to approximately halve in length when compressed & ordered them from an online spring supplierā€™s catalogue. the whole thing bounces extremely slowly if I set it moving.

1 Like

VTA looks high

4 Likes

That is not actually my one.

i was joking anyway!

1 Like