Time for a fucking slice of Battenburg

My One Big Fear: disappointment.

Small size I am prepared for, but excessive sugar…

Anything wrapped in temarzipam should be booted into space.

5 Likes

This clearly shows that the Battenburg is a great cake.

Here ia my Review:

Packaging\ Presentation: 4/10

A traditional cardboard box would help protect the product from damage; crush damage was evident with cracks in the Marzipan Surface Treatment.

Taste: 8/10

As one of the best cakes in the world, one should expect to be impressed and this Kipling built example does not disappoint.

It is on the sweeter side, but not sickly sweet- something that a lot of mass-produced cakes are known for.

The sponge is light, tasty and I found myself savoring every bite as mouth-feel is just right. If you enjoyed these when you were a cub, all the memories will come flooding back.

The Marzipan Surface Treatment isn’t as thick or almondy as I remember it though, so it loses points for this.

Value for Money: 3/10

Unfortunately- like so many things- these units are nowhere near as big as they used to be. For this reason, Battenburg Cakes from other suppliers need to be reviewed.

Overall score: 6/10.

I shall be sampling Battenburg Cakes from other suppliers.

Would be great to get some reviews from fellow Meatmen- especially cakes produced by independent concerns!

:sunglasses:

4 Likes

Victoria sponge cake is where it’s at on the sponge front

4 Likes

You are the hero for our times :ok_hand:

1 Like

Palestine :rage:

2 Likes

3 Likes

Looks like a fair dose of fem/meh …. More votes required

Great Cake / Girl Cake neck & neck with ‘It’ll do’ coming up the rear.

Do you wrestle bears? Hanker after Dany la Rue’s dinner? Don’t care, too stoned? Believe this is a highly superior slice?

YOUR vote counts

3 Likes

The extreme wing of the Battenberg society has apparently been turning voters away.

1 Like

Apparently the Battenberg engenders a moderately semi response.
In contrast to the Bakewell, the de natta and the mighty mince pie all of which carry a lot more clout for Meatyoids.

This all seems reasonable.

Battenburg is a niche product - it is an anachronism of a cake, girt-about with marzipan - a substance which alone powerfully divides opinion.
There are many cakes, BB is but one.

Pastis and mince pies on the other hand are whole genres all on their own - they are broad churches, many may worship there :drooling_face:

The poll is showing 22 votes with 20 voters.
So hard to get a fair election these days

I suspect that Admins and Mods can vote more than once and sway the result.
Us plebs just have to follow the rules :grinning:

Except we can’t :roll_eyes:

We can ban you though :grinning:

4 Likes

I’ve sent evidence to the Electoral Commission for it to be investigated

4 Likes

Need to introduce a requirement for some sort of ID.

4 Likes

We all look very similar. Short, fat and balding, or tall fat and balding so ID interchangeable.

1 Like

How can the sacred HXB have slipped your mind?

Probably a side-effect of the trauma induced by the themed horrors that supermarkets inflict upon us annually…