Today I have mainly been V2.0

It was a simple replacement of an on/off switch that had become broken but the reasons for why it couldn’t be couriered back to me & why I had to see that it was done are long & boring.

It’s a long way to Lancaster from down here. How long are they expecting the ‘smartening’ of the M6 to take?

1 Like

2022 for the current works, then they will move them 10 miles and start again. I think they will have about another 20 years at it at this rate.

You should have popped in for a brew Guy. I’m about 5 mins off J27.

1 Like

Ditto 15 minutes J19 or 18.

1 Like

Getting covered in paint spray

That stretch from 16 upwards is fecking tedious. But there were also two other shorter bits below that.

What’s the benefit? Is it just more of those big warning signs?

I did toy with the idea of finding that pie shop!

1 Like

Waste of £3 billion putting those crappy signs in. The cameras will get the money back !

They are also putting in those bloody dangerous concrete centre bits that 40 ton lorries can scatter across the motorway.

My idea of a smart motorway would be one which eventually allowed autonomous cars to move along nose to tail at 100 mph all under the control of electronic wizardry along the side of or in the road. Not just signs!

4 Likes

Just make HS2 a car transporter like the euro tunnel😀

1 Like

It’s just another fucking tax.

1 Like

I wish! It is lovely and warm in Palma, though.

3 Likes

Yes. The human resources PC thinking is that “brainstorm” could be offensive to people with epilepsy.

These are the same wastes of oxygen who will shitcan you on statutory at the first sign of economic trouble, but give a juicy payout to anyone with “C” in their title as “compensation for loss of office”.

1 Like

11 Likes

Scarborough?

2 Likes

Redcar’s christmas lights not on yet?

4 Likes

Funny looking airport?

2 Likes

Luton has had a revamp you know.

1 Like

Haha

There is a new ‘Smart’ motorway going in on the M23.
Narrow lanes and 50mph speed limit from Crawley to the M25 (On both sides)
My daily commute to the office :unamused: