Today I have mainly been V2.0

That is awesome !

Enjoying dingles heritage fairground.

10 Likes

This sprang to mind when I first saw that second pic :grinning:

3 Likes

My daughter asked me to win her a prize. It’s hard to miss from point blank range.

2 Likes

Hel went for a pre auction viewing of this rather interesting 18th C Manor House in Wordsley -

Came back with reports that it would indeed be a great place for my hifi and plenty of bake off capacity…

49 seat cinema on 1st floor :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

Ace! Castle Donkey - buy! :rofl:

Buy it Wayne. Then contact ‘Grand Designs’. Kevin McCloud won’t be able to resist it.

VB

Are you sure that there’s not a zero missing from that guide price?

You should definitely buy that. If you don’t you’ll be an even bigger cunt than you are now.

1 Like

The zero along with MANY of its mates, is in the refurb/maintenance cost :wink:

1 Like

Discussions with structural engineer, reckons there’s at least £400k to be spent just to prevent it from falling down!

Yep then there’s the cost of actual refurbishment, and then ongoing maintenance.

Once in a lifetime opportunity (to go bankrupt).

1 Like

Whatever the structural cost and the rest, dealing with English Heritage will add another zero too.

Yep grade II.

£400k available from the sale of properties on what I assume was formerly part of the estate.

@J_B and @A_Touch_of_Cloth should be able to give you mates rates for cash…

Well it does need doors rehanging and new bathroom’s completely fitting…

Cash you say? :thinking:

3 Likes

I see English Heritage has split into two now. Historic England seem to be handling consent for work on listed buildings. I suspect they will be no less problematic than their predecessors.

1 Like

I can plaster.

Well, I could 10 years ago.

1 Like

Ha, my last place was smaller than that and it as £519 a month for gas/electricity and that was 4 years ago. I would say that has £750K repair/refurb bill all over it. The renovation of my last place 4500 sq ft over 4 floors, cost £140K 24 years ago.

Have you ever seen the film The Money Pit?:rofl:

The vet who bough my last house and wanted to remodel it estimated £125K (I laughted), he ran out of money at £300K.

Think of a number and double it with these old places. Nice but costly.

1 Like

Agree.

I am definitely not going to the auction on Wednesday - its too dangerous :rofl:

You’ve got the job.

Double it, at least, and it might be somewhere near.

1 Like